At Bank of America, we are guided by a common purpose to help make financial lives better through the power of every connection. Responsible Growth is how we run our company and how we deliver for our clients, teammates, communities and shareholders every day.
One of the keys to driving Responsible Growth is being a great place to work for our teammates around the world. We’re devoted to being a diverse and inclusive workplace for everyone. We hire individuals with a broad range of backgrounds and experiences and invest heavily in our teammates and their families by offering competitive benefits to support their physical, emotional, and financial well-being.
Bank of America believes both in the importance of working together and offering flexibility to our employees. We use a multi-faceted approach for flexibility, depending on the various roles in our organization. Working at Bank of America will give you a great career with opportunities to learn, grow and make an impact, along with the power to make a difference. Join us!
The Business Development Officer (BDO) is responsible for cultivating relationships with prospects and generating new Government Contracting clients for Business Banking. The BDO acts as the Subject Matter Expert advising existing Government contracting clients within partnership with the Relationship Manager. The BDO prospects and networks in larger metropolitan markets to identify and develop new Business Banking Government Contracting client relationships with operating companies for the Bank. The BDO maintains and builds a network of prospects by working with internal and external Centers of Influence (COIs), commercial referral sources, and prospect lists provided by marketing intelligence. The BDO engages Business Banking Relationship Managers to deepen and expand the long-term banking relationship, allowing the BDO to focus on the primary role of acquiring new relationships. The BDO’s primary focus is to identify prospects that will utilize operating accounts, cash management and other payment services, Business Loans, Lines of Credit, Commercial Real Estate Loans, and various other Business Banking solutions offered across the Bank.
The BDO has extensive understanding of the government contracting procurement cycle, regulations, federal budgetary effects and industry landscape. The BDO in Government Contracting may also mentor or coach other Business Banking associates sharing guidance and best practices that will drive stronger long-term performance and results throughout the region and enterprise.
• Cultivating new relationships with Government Contracting prospects in Business Banking and Combine Coverage markets across the country. BDO will work closely with local teams during prospect identification, calling, due-diligence, onboarding and underwriting processes. Thereafter, the new relationship will be managed by the local client team.
• As needed, assisting local client teams that are extending credit for the first time to existing Government Contracting clients with due diligence, underwriting and interactions with Risk.
• As needed, assisting client teams that are materially increasing credit for the first time to existing Government Contracting clients with due diligence, underwriting and interactions with Risk.
• Building and maintaining a network of internal and external COIs that facilitate new Government Contracting relationships.
• Working with internal partners and stakeholders to further develop and refine our go-to market strategy in the Government Contracting sector.
• Act as SME to each of their respective Business Banking regions, providing education to market leaders on our capabilities and assisting with identification of Government Contracting opportunities in the local markets.
• Participate in external trade shows, conferences, speaking engagements, etc. that support our external brand and marketing strategy, and drive new Government Contracting business opportunities.
• 5-10 years of experience in Government Contracting Industry or Contracting Officer role
• An existing COI and industry network and knowledge in the market
• Bachelor’s degree in business, finance or economics preferred
• Business Development
• Advisory Sales
• Referral Sales
• Prospecting and Qualification
• Risk Management
• Financial Analysis
• Customer Focus
• Leadership Skills
• Relationship Building
• Client Team Management
• Active Listening
• Executive Presence
• Written Communication
Shift:1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:40
Learn more about this role