At Bank of America, we are guided by a common purpose to help make financial lives better through the power of every connection. Responsible Growth is how we run our company and how we deliver for our clients, teammates, communities and shareholders every day.
One of the keys to driving Responsible Growth is being a great place to work for our teammates around the world. We’re devoted to being a diverse and inclusive workplace for everyone. We hire individuals with a broad range of backgrounds and experiences and invest heavily in our teammates and their families by offering competitive benefits to support their physical, emotional, and financial well-being.
Bank of America believes both in the importance of working together and offering flexibility to our employees. We use a multi-faceted approach for flexibility, depending on the various roles in our organization.
Working at Bank of America will give you a great career with opportunities to learn, grow and make an impact, along with the power to make a difference. Join us!
At Bank of America, we’re creating real, meaningful relationships with individuals and businesses across the country. Each day, we connect with 67 million clients through a growing specialist workforce and our world class digital platform. With each relationship and connection, we are looking to provide care and guidance for our clients when they need us most – whether they are just starting out, buying a home, building a family or planning for retirement. As part of our commitment, we are looking for the next generation of Financial Advisors—those with a passion for growing a long term career and a drive to make our clients’ financial lives better.
If you are an individual who is passionate about helping clients reach their financial goals, join Bank of America’s Advisor Development Program and become a Financial Solutions Advisor in one of over 4,000 financial center locations nationwide. The Financial Center Financial Solutions Advisor role is a pivotal role for experienced advisors looking to grow in a world-class organization.
From day one, you will receive training from our award-winning Academy at Bank of America. This program delivers hands-on practice, personalized coaching and classes that will help you become the advisor you want to be. The Academy also provides training beyond portfolios and investment strategies. You’ll learn to consider a client’s entire and complex financial picture, and then guide them with advice and solutions to help them live their best financial lives.
With demonstrated success, you have unlimited career growth and the opportunity to advance in many roles within Bank of America and Merrill. The Academy will support you along the way with dedicated programs, tools and resources throughout your career journey.
This position is subject to SAFE Act registration requirements. Pursuant to the SAFE Act requirements, all employees engaged in residential loan mortgage originations must register with the federal registry system and remain in good standing. Since your position requires SAFE Act registration, you will be required to register and to submit to the required SAFE Act background check and registration process. Failure to obtain and/or maintain SAFE Act registration may result in your immediate termination.
We’ll help you
• Build a successful career at Bank of America through world-class training and on-boarding programs that set you up for success.
• Get training and one-on-one coaching from Academy managers who are invested in your success. You’ll be enrolled in the Advisor Develop Program, part of The Academy, to develop as an advisor; the potential for growth is yours.
• Provide end-to-end comprehensive advice, deliver client reviews/presentations with confidence and recommend strategies to help clients achieve their financial goals and life priorities.
• Get smart on core banking and investment solutions and connect clients to all of the solutions we provide.
• Build your network. Starting at a financial center, you’ll interact with banking customers, small business owners and higher net worth clients alike. You’ll be able to leverage our relationships with one out of two households in the U.S. to help eventually grow your business.
• Build connections. Work in the center of the financial universe, tapping into a range of experts, from mortgage lenders to investment analysts.
• Continuously learn and grow, with on-going career development support and opportunities for advancement with Bank of America and Merrill.
• Achieve additional professional designations such as Certified Financial Planner (CFP) and/or Chartered Retirement Planning Counselor (CRPC) or leverage approved tuition reimbursement to further your education.
As a Financial Solutions Advisor II, you can look forward to
• Unlimited potential for financial growth.
• A strong referral network from across the business that will give you a leg-up on client acquisition.
• Robust marketing support to reach wider audiences with greater appeal.
• Ongoing professional development to deepen your skills and optimize your practice as the industry evolves and changes.
• Leadership opportunities, from leading client and conference seminars to mentoring junior associates.
We’re a culture that
• Believes in responsible growth and has a proven dedication to supporting the communities we serve.
• Provides continuous training and developmental opportunities to help people achieve their goals, whatever their background or experience.
• Believes diversity makes us stronger, so we can reflect, connect to and meet the diverse needs of our clients and customers around the world.
• Is committed to advancing our tools, technology, and ways of working. We always put our clients first to meet their evolving needs.
• Currently holds Series 7 & 66 (63 & 65 in lieu of 66) licenses. If you do not currently hold the 66 but have either a 63 or 65, an offer can be extended with the condition that a passing score is received for the missing series within 60 days.
• Has at least one year experience in the investments industry, including investment training and in-depth knowledge of investment products and services.
• Has at least one year experience working in the financial service industry and/or a sales environment where goals were met or exceeded.
• Sets and accomplishes goals, achieving whatever you put your mind to.
• Builds and nurtures strong relationships.
• Collaborates effectively with others to get things done.
• Communicates effectively and confidently and is comfortable engaging all clients.
• Manages goals, navigates complexity, prioritizes tasks and executes in a fast-paced environment.
• Likes to learn, adapts to new information and seeks the right solutions for clients.
• Efficiently manages your time and capacity.
• Is thorough and thoughtful in incorporating relevant regulatory due diligence into daily activities and long-term strategies for clients.
• Strong computer skills with an ability to multitask in a demanding environment.
• At least three years’ experience working in the financial service industry and/or a sales environment where goals were met or exceeded.
• Achieved additional professional designations such as Certified Financial Planner (CFP) and/or Chartered Retirement Planning Counselor (CRPC).
• Obtained your insurance licenses.
Shift:1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:40
Learn more about this role
At Bank of America, I get to make a difference every day.
On screen copy:
Merrill Financial Solutions Advisor
Disclosure: Please see important information at the end of this video.
On screen copy:
Advise clients on their investment goals in order to pursue those goals
As a Merrill Financial Solutions Advisor, my job is to advise my clients on their investment goals and match them with the right portfolio and specialists to help them pursue those goals.
I interact with clients from all walks of life, from small-business owners developing a financial plan to new parents looking to start saving money for their child’s college education. I match my knowledge of financial markets and investment products with clients’ individual investment needs.
On screen copy:
Accomplishing performance goals through needs-based analysis and client follow-up
A key part of my role is accomplishing performance goals through consultative, needs-based analysis and organized follow up with my clients.
When I first started, I had a lot to learn about the investment world and compliance standards but I was equipped with the tools and training I needed to succeed.
On screen copy:
In my last job, I worked mostly on my own. Here, I get to work in a team environment every day. I even get some of my best referrals from my teammates.
And since I work with people in so many different departments, I’m able to build connections and learn more about other roles.
Everyone here is really supportive of your career growth.
On screen copy:
Regular meetings with your manager to make your goals a reality
I meet with my manager on a regular basis to talk about my goals, and she gives me advice for how to make them a reality.
On screen copy:
Trained by the award-winning Academy at Bank of America
2019 Brandon Hall Gold Award for “Best Launch of a Corporate Learning University”
As a Merrill Financial Solutions Advisor, you will participate in the award-winning Academy at Bank of America.
From my first day to today, the Academy has equipped me with all the knowledge, skills and resources I need to be successful.
I’m hoping to move into a leadership role in the future and I feel I’ll be able to make this a reality, thanks to my manager and the people around me.
And it’s that kind of support that makes it so easy to support my clients every day.
We all have goals. Pursue yours at Bank of America and Merrill.
On screen copy:
Learn more: bankofamerica.com/Careers
On screen copy:
Bank of America and its affiliates consider for employment and hire qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state, provincial and municipal laws.
Are Not FDIC Insured
Are Not Bank Guaranteed
May Lose Value
Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith Incorporated (also referred to as “MLPF&S” or “Merrill”) makes available certain investment products sponsored, managed, distributed or provided by companies that are affiliates of Bank of America Corporation (“BofA Corp.”). MLPF&S is a registered broker-dealer, Member SIPC, and a wholly-owned subsidiary of BofA Corp.
MLPF&S is a registered broker-dealer, Member SIPC and a wholly owned subsidiary of Bank of America Corporation.
© 2019 Bank of America Corporation. All rights reserved.