Job Title: Senior Auditor - Operational Resilience and Business Continuity
Corporate Title: Up to VP
At Bank of America, we are guided by a common purpose to help make financial lives better through the power of every connection. Responsible Growth is how we run our company and how we deliver for our clients, teammates, communities and shareholders every day.
One of the keys to driving Responsible Growth is being a great place to work for our teammates around the world. We’re devoted to being a diverse and inclusive workplace for everyone. We hire individuals with a broad range of backgrounds and experiences and invest heavily in our teammates and their families by offering competitive benefits to support their physical, emotional, and financial well-being.
Bank of America believes both in the importance of working together and offering flexibility to our employees. We use a multi-faceted approach for flexibility, depending on the various roles in our organization.
Working at Bank of America will give you a great career with opportunities to learn, grow and make an impact, along with the power to make a difference. Join us!
Find us in the city of Chester, a destination renowned for its culture, history, and beauty. Working at Bank of America Chester offers a far-reaching global career for a world-renowned organisation, whilst being ideally situated against the backdrop of the rolling North Wales hills and the banks of the serene River Dee.
You will be working within a diverse team of individuals covering a high-risk area across the Bank with teammates in US, Brazil, Mexico, London and Chester. This role provides a great potential for exposure to senior management across the company and opportunity to engage in interesting and impactful work. We provide full onboarding training and relevant professional certifications are supported. This team has great associate feedback every year with a supportive management team helping you achieve your full potential.
This role is responsible for conducting Operational Resilience and Business Continuity Audits globally with regular engagement in global work of the same nature. The successful candidate will independently execute audit test work on assigned audits in a timely manner and with high quality. Crucially, the role will involve establishing business partner relationships with line management enabling for effective delivery.
• Responsible for executing multiple areas of test work during audit activities.
• Uses analytical skills and/or technical expertise to execute assigned audit testing responsibilities and identify opportunities to automate testing or create continuous monitoring.
• Identifies control deficiencies, discusses with line management and initiates control matter recommendations in assigned test areas.
• Raises issues and concerns and makes recommendations for severity ratings.
• Assesses issues for impact to business processes, controls and strategies; recommends severity ratings and escalation of broad themes or trends, engages in discussions about risk and demonstrates business knowledge.
• Exercises critical thinking and judgment to effectively influence management to improve the control environment.
• Consistently strives to improve processes and challenge the status quo to improve existing operating environment.
• Supports employee development efforts, teamwork and a positive and inclusive work environment.
What we are looking for:
• Working knowledge of Operational Resilience and Business Continuity control processes and associated Laws and Regulations either from extensive audit experience or alternatively a technical specialist who has worked in a dedicated role within the subject area.
• Someone who can demonstrate a good level of project management skills and is able to lead work.
Skills that will help:
• Educated to degree level and preferred ACA, ACCA, IIA or similar.
• Previous experience in Audit, Compliance, Risk and/or other relevant risk related experience.
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
• Ability to develop and convey a point of view.
• Professionalism, dependability, integrity, and trustworthiness combined with a cooperative attitude. Able to thrive in a dynamic team environment.
• Highly motivated self-starter with ability to multitask and complete assignments within time constraints and deadlines. Individual with desire to learn and teach others, high energy, positive attitude.
• Creative thinker who can map out creative solutions and lead their implementation.
• Excellent organisational skills.
Benefits of working at Bank of America:
• Private healthcare for you and your family plus an annual health screen to help you manage your physical wellness with the option to purchase a screen for your partner
• Competitive pension plan, life assurance and group income protection cover if you become unable to work as a result of a disability or health reasons
• 20 days of back-up childcare including virtual tutoring and 20 days of back-up adult care per annum
• The ability to change your core benefits as well as the option of selecting a variety of flexible benefits to suit your personal circumstances including access to a wellbeing account, travel insurance, critical illness etc.
• Access to an emotional wellbeing helpline, mental health first aiders and virtual GP services.
• Access to an Employee Assistance Program for confidential support and help for everyday matters
• Ability to donate to charities of your choice directly through payroll and the bank will match your contribution
• Opportunity to access our Arts & Culture corporate membership program and receive discounted entry to some of the UK’s most iconic cultural institutions and exhibitions.
• Opportunity to give back to your community, develop new skills and work with new groups of people by volunteering in your local community.
Bank of America:
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It’s important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mind-set are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
We strive to ensure that our recruitment processes are accessible for all candidates and encourage any candidates to tell us about any adjustment requirements.
Learn more about this role