Job Title: Senior Auditor – Cyber Risk
Corporate Title: up to VP
At Bank of America, we are guided by a common purpose to help make financial lives better through the power of every connection. Responsible Growth is how we run our company and how we deliver for our clients, teammates, communities and shareholders every day.
One of the keys to driving Responsible Growth is being a great place to work for our teammates around the world. We’re devoted to being a diverse and inclusive workplace for everyone. We hire individuals with a broad range of backgrounds and experiences and invest heavily in our teammates and their families by offering competitive benefits to support their physical, emotional, and financial well-being.
Bank of America believes both in the importance of working together and offering flexibility to our employees. We use a multi-faceted approach for flexibility, depending on the various roles in our organization.
Working at Bank of America will give you a great career with opportunities to learn, grow and make an impact, along with the power to make a difference. Join us!
Find us in the city of Chester, a destination renowned for its culture, history, and beauty. Working at Bank of America Chester offers a far-reaching global career for a world-renowned organisation, whilst being ideally situated against the backdrop of the rolling North Wales hills and the banks of the serene River Dee.
We have a diverse team covering a high-risk area across the Bank with teammates in US, Brazil, Mexico, London and Chester. This role provides a great exposure to senior stakeholders across the company and opportunity to engage in interesting and impactful work. We provide full onboarding training and relevant professional certifications are supported. This team has great associate feedback every year with a supportive management team helping you achieve your full potential.
Corporate Audit is a global team responsible for providing assessments of business activities throughout Bank of America. As part of the Global Technology Audit Team, you will be responsible for identifying, evaluating, and reporting on technology risks across a wide-range of infrastructure systems and platforms that supports critical financial services applications.
The Cyber Risk Auditor will execute test work during assigned audit activities with guidance from more senior staff. Successful IT Auditors will utilize their skills and product / technical knowledge necessary to perform risk assessments, develop and perform audit test procedures, and report findings to the senior team.
You are expected to have a solid understanding of cyber risk and controls concepts, have industry knowledge and awareness as well as a foundational knowledge of governance practices.
• You will oversee a portfolio of cyber audits
• Build a strategy for audit coverage specific to application coverage for cyber risk
• You will develop Corporate Audit Automation processes
• Interacts with key technology executives to identify emerging risks, regulatory required projects
• Law / Regulation responsibilities
What we are looking for:
• Audit, Risk or Compliance experience in Financial Institutions.
• Sound understanding of cyber risk and controls, or understanding of Operational Risk / Compliance
• Demonstrable audit skills
• Sound organizational, oral and written communication skills including ability to effectively write reports, present to senior team and various regulators.
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to handle multiple concurrent tasks, prioritising them effectively and providing structured updates on progress.
• Ability to learn quickly, and adapt
Skills that will help:
• Audit / Assurance related certifications (CISA, CISSP, CISM)
• Technology related certifications (RHCE, CCNA, GSNA)
• Risk Management related certifications
• Excellent presentation skills
Benefits of working at Bank of America:
• Private healthcare for you and your family plus an annual health screen to help you manage your physical wellness with the option to purchase a screen for your partner
• Competitive pension plan, life assurance and group income protection cover if you become unable to work as a result of a disability or health reasons
• 20 days of back-up childcare including virtual tutoring and 20 days of back-up adult care per annum
• The ability to change your core benefits as well as the option of selecting a variety of flexible benefits to suit your personal circumstances including access to a wellbeing account, travel insurance, critical illness etc.
• Access to an emotional wellbeing helpline, mental health first aiders and virtual GP services.
• Access to an Employee Assistance Program for confidential support and help for everyday matters
• Ability to donate to charities of your choice directly through payroll and the bank will match your contribution
• Opportunity to access our Arts & Culture corporate membership program and receive discounted entry to some of the UK’s most iconic cultural institutions and exhibitions.
• Opportunity to give back to your community, develop new skills and work with new groups of people by volunteering in your local community.
Bank of America:
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It’s important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mind-set are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
We strive to ensure that our recruitment processes are accessible for all candidates and encourage any candidates to tell us about any adjustment requirements.
Learn more about this role