At Bank of America, we are guided by a common purpose to help make financial lives better through the power of every connection. Responsible Growth is how we run our company and how we deliver for our clients, teammates, communities and shareholders every day.
One of the keys to driving Responsible Growth is being a great place to work for our teammates around the world. We’re devoted to being a diverse and inclusive workplace for everyone. We hire individuals with a broad range of backgrounds and experiences and invest heavily in our teammates and their families by offering competitive benefits to support their physical, emotional, and financial well-being.
Bank of America believes both in the importance of working together and offering flexibility to our employees. We use a multi-faceted approach for flexibility, depending on the various roles in our organization.
Working at Bank of America will give you a great career with opportunities to learn, grow and make an impact, along with the power to make a difference. Join us!
Global Business Services
Global Business Services delivers Technology and Operations capabilities to Lines of Business and Staff Support Functions of Bank of America through a centrally managed, globally integrated delivery model and globally resilient operations.
Global Business Services is recognized for flawless execution, sound risk management, operational resiliency, operational excellence and innovation.
In India, we are present in five locations and operate as BA Continuum India Private Limited (BACI), a non-banking subsidiary of Bank of America Corporation and the operating company for India operations of Global Business Services.
Building out Strategies, Analytics & Process Integration team in India driving improved fraud detection & loss reduction
Development of new fraud strategies using statistical and analytical techniques including decision trees, random forests and other quantitative methods. Goal will be to identify and mitigate new and emerging fraud threats.
The role will be responsible for several key areas:
• Identifying new sources of data (internal or vendor-provided) that can enrich our existing fraud detection processes, be added to our decision systems, and allow for new detection strategies to be developed. Will require close coordination with partners in Fraud Technology.
• Optimization of existing detection strategies to determine areas where rules can be adjusted to decline fewer false positives and improve the ROI and overall performance of our fraud strategies
• Development of both ad-hoc and more standardized reporting (MIS).
• Candidate need to work on any of the given products - Credit Card / Debit Card / Deposit / Check /Reporting / ATO/New Accts/Digital
Advanced degree, preferably in Statistics/Mathematics, Computer Sciences, Engineering from a premier institute
Certifications If Any
Technical certifications in SAS, SQL preferred
6 + years of relevant experience using SAS, SQL data analytics
U.S financial services experience preferable
Understanding of business domains like Fraud/Compliance/Risk preferable
Foundational skills –
• Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in a quantitative discipline such as mathematics, statistics, operations research, engineering, computer science, finance or business. Post graduate degree is a plus.
• The candidate must be at an advanced to expert level in SAS and SQL. Should also have familiarity with other programming languages such as Python, R or Java. Knowledge of data extraction tools such as Hive or HUE will be useful.
• Must have 6 to 9 years of relevant experience in analytics. Strong preference working in financial services, particularly fraud or cyber security.
Desired skills –
• Candidate must have a proven track record of building and deploying analytical solutions that have resulted in material financial results.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment is critical. Must have exceptional organizational, project management and communications skills Bachelor’s degree is desired, preferably in a quantitative discipline such as mathematics, statistics, engineering, computer science, finance or business. Post graduate degree is a plus.
• Familiarity with other programming languages such as Python, R or Java will be preferred.
• Knowledge of data extraction tools such as Hive or HUE will be preferred.
Shift Timings : 11 30 AM to 8 30 pm/ 12:30 PM to 9:30 PM
Learn more about this role