At Bank of America, we are guided by a common purpose to help make financial lives better through the power of every connection. Responsible Growth is how we run our company and how we deliver for our clients, teammates, communities and shareholders every day.
One of the keys to driving Responsible Growth is being a great place to work for our teammates around the world. We’re devoted to being a diverse and inclusive workplace for everyone. We hire individuals with a broad range of backgrounds and experiences and invest heavily in our teammates and their families by offering competitive benefits to support their physical, emotional, and financial well-being.
Bank of America believes both in the importance of working together and offering flexibility to our employees. We use a multi-faceted approach for flexibility, depending on the various roles in our organization.
Working at Bank of America will give you a great career with opportunities to learn, grow and make an impact, along with the power to make a difference. Join us!
The Privilege Access Engineer is for the UNIX/Linux Privilege Access team. The primary responsibility is to design and architect the Unix/Linux Privilege Access platform for the Bank. The individual will maintain the health and welfare of the PowerBroker platform, Security Logging, and other security related infrastructures managed by the team.
- Understand the customer requirements, design/architect the Unix/Linux Privilege Access platform
- Ensures the solution is fit for purpose and use by working with stakeholders, vendors/service providers
- Oversee the coordination, scheduling and implementation of production changes (i.e. OS, patching and application)
- Provide 3rd level Operational Support and Troubleshooting of PowerBroker
- Administration/configuration of PowerBroker
- Learn new technologies to better support the infrastructure
- Respond to items such as patch bulletins by requesting resources and scheduling upgrades for all servers supported, ensuring appropriate processes are followed and deadlines are met
- Assist 2nd level team troubleshooting, complicated user issues as needed
- Suggest improvements to processes and/or technology; create a plan to implement them
- Perform application updates, installs and testing
- Strong RedHat Enterprise Linux system administration skills
- Shell scripting and SQL query experience
- Experience configuring, troubleshooting with an understanding of the ssh protocol and public key authentication
- 5+ years advanced scripting skills (Python a huge plus)
- 5+ years solid Linux/UNIX experience. Emphasis on scripting, automation, and performance.
- Working Knowledge of privilege elevation tools - for ex. PowerBroker
- Load Balancing Technologies
- Web services software
- Experience working with DBMS technologies
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- Must be able to communicate at all organizational levels
- Self-motivated, confident and reliable
- Willing to work in a team-oriented environment with global team members
- Must be a problem solver with root cause analysis skills who brings solutions to the team
- Ability to document installation procedures, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), etc.
- Experience with ITSM Remedy or other ITSM tools
- B.S. degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent preferred
- Windows Server Administration experience
- Experience in an Enterprise PowerBroker environment
- Balabit Windows Agent
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:
Learn more about this role