Bank of America is one of the world’s leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small and middle-market businesses and large corporations with a full range of banking, investing, asset management and other financial and risk management products and services. We are committed to attracting and retaining top talent across the globe to ensure our continued success. Along with taking care of our customers, we want to be the best place for people to work and aim at creating a work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals.
Our employees help our customers and clients at every stage of their financial lives, helping them connect to what matters most. This purpose defines and unites us. Every day, we are focused on delivering value, convenience, expertise and innovation for individuals, businesses and institutional investors we serve worldwide.
Corporate Audit provides independent assessment and validation of risk through testing of key processes and controls across the Bank, which is designed to add value and improve the Bank's operations and long term business strategies. The mission of Corporate Audit is to effectively and efficiently support the Company’s risk governance framework by determining whether controlling processes and controls over strategic, credit, market, liquidity, operational, compliance, and reputational risks are adequately designed and functioning effectively.
As a member of the Corporate Audit team, the Audit Supervisor (Technology) will execute audit programs designed to measure and report on technology risk across the enterprise. The Audit Supervisor will act as an individual contributor and will also occasionally lead audit engagements and guide junior team members. The Audit Supervisor will provide independent analysis of control effectiveness based on regulatory requirements, industry best-practices, and company policies & standards.
- Utilizes analytical skills and/or technical expertise to independently execute assigned audit testing responsibilities
- Responsible for understanding, executing and maintaining standard test programs commensurate with an evolving technology environment
- Raises issues and concerns and makes recommendations for severity ratings
- Assesses issues for impact to business processes, controls and strategies, recommends severity ratings and escalation of broad themes/trends. Responsible for conducting relevant technology testing i.e. identification of key automated business controls, definition of audit scope and presentation of results to management, and communication with stakeholders) in support of business audit work (also known as integrated auditing)
- Develops and understanding of how technology enables business, reviews business logic and rules engines, data flows and transformations, and identifies exceptions
- Demonstrates “intellectual curiosity” to learn how technology is enabling our business and raises challenges to both FLUs (front line units) and control functions (second line units) when anomalies are observed
- Identifies automation opportunities and supports Corporate Audit automation initiatives
- Interacts with key technology executives to identify emerging risks, key initiatives, regulatory required projects, etc.
- Demonstrates a sound understanding of audit principles and techniques, and uses them to obtain effective coverage. Provides input to the annual audit plan through identification of key risks and areas that need audit coverage
- Demonstrates project management skills and drives work to completion within target timelines
- Establishes business partner relationships; primary engagement is with Technology line management and Risk functions (2nd line of defense)
- Exercises critical thinking and judgment to effectively influence management to improve the control environment.
- Supports employee development efforts, teamwork and a positive and inclusive work environment
- Education : Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Experience Range: 5 – 10 years in Corporate Audit or Risk & Control testing
- Audit, Risk or Compliance experience in Financial Institutions.
- Strong understanding of technology, application controls and data controls, IT general controls, and other IT controls as indicated in COBIT
- Working knowledge of the NIST Cybersecurity Framework.
- Sound organizational, analytical, oral and written communication skills including ability to effectively write reports, present to management and various regulators
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to effectively interact with diverse teams
- Ability to juggle multiple work efforts and to quickly change direction
- Degree in a technology related field
- Certifications: Audit / Assurance related certifications (CISA, CISSP, CISM, etc.)
- Technology related certifications (RHCE, CCNA, GSNA, etc.)
- Previous experience auditing information technology.
Learn more about this role