At Bank of America, we are guided by a common purpose to help make financial lives better through the power of every connection. Responsible Growth is how we run our company and how we deliver for our clients, teammates, communities and shareholders every day.
One of the keys to driving Responsible Growth is being a great place to work for our teammates around the world. We’re devoted to being a diverse and inclusive workplace for everyone. We hire individuals with a broad range of backgrounds and experiences and invest heavily in our teammates and their families by offering competitive benefits to support their physical, emotional, and financial well-being.
Bank of America believes both in the importance of working together and offering flexibility to our employees. We use a multi-faceted approach for flexibility, depending on the various roles in our organization.
Working at Bank of America will give you a great career with opportunities to learn, grow and make an impact, along with the power to make a difference. Join us!
This role is responsible for developing and delivering complex requirements to accomplish business goals. Key responsibilities of the role include ensuring that software is developed to meet functional, non-functional and compliance requirements. This role codes solutions, unit tests, and ensures the solution can be integrated successfully into the overall application/system with clear, robust and well-tested interfaces. This role is familiar with development and testing practices in the industry.
- Seeking a software engineer that has familiarity with Terraform as well as other CI/CD automation tools with specific knowledge on integrating those tools into the team’s SRE and dashboarding models.
- Also needs to have experience creating dashboards and query models for usage and predictive analytics (Terraform, Redis, PostGresSQL, Linux).
- Contribute to story refinement/defining requirements.
- Participate and guide team in estimating work necessary to realize a story/requirement through the delivery lifecycle.
- Perform spike/proof of concept as necessary to mitigate risk or implement new ideas.
- Code solutions and unit test to deliver a requirement/story per the defined acceptance criteria and compliance requirements.
- Utilize multiple architectural components (across data, application, business) in design and development of client requirements.
- Assist team with resolving technical complexities involved in realizing story work.
- Contribute to existing test suites (integration, regression, performance), analyze test reports, identify any test issues/errors, and triage the underlying cause.
- Document and communicate required information for deployment, maintenance, support, and business functionality.
- Participate, contribute, and can coach team members in the delivery/release (CI-CD) events. e.g. branching timelines, pull requests, issue triage, merge/conflict resolution, release notes.
- Manage stakeholders with respect to process level activities.
- Be able to articulate complex technical requirements in a lucid manner and is relevant to business use cases.
- Perform research and gather relevant information to define stakeholders’ business problem(s).
- Adopt a pragmatic approach and think smart to come up with relevant techniques for business challenges.
- Ability to work cross-functionally, and across borders to effectively execute the goals.
- Partner with technical teams to implement developed solutions/applications in production environment.
- Codes solutions and unit test to deliver a requirement/story per the defined acceptance criteria and compliance requirements
- Utilizes multiple architectural components (across data, application, business) in design and development of client requirements
- Performs Continuous Integration and Continuous Development (CI-CD) activities
- Contributes to story refinement and definition of requirements
- Participates in estimating work necessary to realize a story/requirement through the delivery lifecycle
- Contributes to existing test suites (integration, regression, performance), analyze test reports, identify any test issues/errors, and triage the underlying cause
- Performs spike/proof of concept as necessary to mitigate risk or implement new ideas
- 5-7 Years Overall IT Experience
- Terraform Enterprise Administration/Operations
- Site Reliability Engineering Integration (Linux and Terraform)
- Platform Monitoring Tools (Dynatrace, Grafana, Prometheus, Splunk)
- Cloud Monitoring Integration (Azure, AWS, GCP)
- Linux Administration
- Container Platforms (Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift)
- CI/CD Tools (GitHub, Jenkins, Artifactory)
- Horizon Tools (Ansible, Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket)
- ITSM/Remedy and/or ServiceNow
- Self-motivated and results oriented leader with excellent analytical, problem solving, interpersonal, presentation and communication skills
- Operate in a fast-paced environment with multiple concurrent priorities
- Experience in building large scale distributed enterprise platforms with focus on performance, scale, security, and reliability
- Must be a strong communicator.
- Good Inter-personal skills and Communication skills
- RedHat openshift/kubernetes and cloud (Azure/AWS/GCP) certifications
- Ability to manage competing priorities and adapt to change in project scope
- Proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision and as part of a team with direct responsibilities.
- Source Control
- Modularization and API
- Time Management
- Analytical Thinking
- Active Listening
- Change Agility
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:
Learn more about this role