We invite you to join the GIS Data Engineering and Analytics team at Bank of America as a Business Intelligence Security Architect. We are a tight-knit, supportive community passionate about on delivering the best experience for our GIS teammates and LOB stakeholders while remaining sensitive to their unique needs.
This role is responsible for leading complex efforts to develop and deliver complex data solutions to accomplish technology and business goals. Key responsibilities include code design and delivery tasks associated with the integration, cleaning, transformation and control of data in operational and analytics data systems. They guide stakeholders, Product Owners, and Software Engineers through the design and execution processes. These individuals provide technical thought leadership based on the significant experience they have built through implementing multiple complex data solutions, and their knowledge of the interaction across multiple data flows and systems.
• Architect and help implement Business Intelligence solution with multiple data sources and big data source solution with large volumes of data.
• Solution and implement strategic framework for Business Intelligence reporting and analytical capabilities.
• Create Business Intelligence architecture specifications and other design artifacts representing the approach and effect of new proposed solutions
• Facilitate technical and business sessions required to align Business Intelligence solution architecture with business and technology objectives throughout the development life cycle
• Demonstrate strong understanding of the business objectives of projects, and align the reporting solutions accordingly
• Consult with application development teams to address issues relating to application architecture, such as performance or availability, and recommend and implement analytic solutions
• Ability to work with multiple development teams a deliver a project
• Design solutions for aggregated facts using metadata
• Participate in the conceptual phases of identifying and solving business problems and initiatives as a Business Intelligence and Analytics subject matter specialist
• Use ETL to design solutions for aggregated facts using metadata and manage high volumes of data
• Provide educational/mentoring resources to project team and others
Required Skills and Experience:
• 6+ years’ experience as a practicing architect or specialist. Experience with the use, deployment and ongoing maintenance of an Enterprise Data and Business Intelligence Architecture model(s) using commercial modeling products strongly desired.
• Real Life Experience with Microstrategy and Hadoop technologies is a must
• Significant experience in architecture services, delivering applications and /or Data Warehousing solutions in a production environment.
• 7+ years’ experience in designing and building Relational and/or Dimensional conceptual/logical data models, along with flexibility to model data in big data environments.
• Thorough understanding of Data Warehousing architectures, techniques, and methodologies; including Star Schemas, Snowflake Schemas, Slowly Changing Dimensions, and Aggregation Techniques
• Expertise in advanced SQL techniques, including analytic functions
• Expert in multiple relational database platforms
• Expertise of relational database performance structures and techniques; specifically indexing (including bitmap), materialized views, and partitioning
• Experience working with Big Data technology such as Hadoop and related BI/Reporting technologies such as SPARK, Impala, Hive, Trino etc.
• Experience and proficiency with Linux operating system is a must.
• Experience working in Agile development process and understanding of phases of SDLC
• Self-starter who works with minimal supervision and the ability to work in a team of diverse skill sets
• Ability to comprehend customer requests and provide the correct solution
• Strong analytical mind to help take on complicated problems
• Desire to resolve issues and dive into potential issues
• Ability to adapt and continue to learn new technologies is important
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience
Enterprise Role Overview - Responsible for leading complex efforts to develop and deliver complex data solutions to accomplish technology and business goals. Codes design and delivery tasks associated with the integration, cleaning, transformation and control of data in operational and analytics data systems. Guides stakeholders, Product Owners, and Software Engineers through the design and execution processes. Provides technical thought leadership through implementing multiple complex data solutions, and knowledge of the interaction across multiple data flows and systems . Ensures that the design and engineering approach for complex data solutions, requiring consistency across multiple flows and systems. Conducts research, designs prototyping and other exploration activities such as evaluating new toolsets. Utilizes multiple architectural components in design and development of client requirements. Maintains, improves, cleans and manipulates data for the operational and/or analytics data systems. Constantly seeks better ways of solving technical problems and designing the solution and challenges the status quo. Collaborates with development teams to understand data requirements, ensuring the data architecture is feasible to implement and subsequently implemented accurately. Assembles large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional requirements. Builds processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, data quality controls, dependency and workload management. Defines and builds data pipelines that enable faster, better, data-informed decision-making within the business. Contributes to existing test suites (integration, regression, performance), analyzes test reports, identifies any test issues/errors, and triages the underlying cause. Documents and communicates required information for deployment, maintenance, support, and business functionality. Adheres to team delivery/release process and cadence pertaining to code deployment and release. Identifies gaps in data management standards adherence and works with appropriate partners to develop plans to close gaps. Leads concept and experimentation testing and synthesizes the results to validate and improve analytical solution. Defines key performance indicators and internal controls. Mentors more junior Data Engineers and can coach team members in the delivery/release (CI-CD) events - e.g. branching timelines, pull requests, issue triage, merge/conflict resolution, release notes. Individual contributor.
Shift:1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:40
Learn more about this role