At Bank of America, we are guided by a common purpose to help make financial lives better through the power of every connection. Responsible Growth is how we run our company and how we deliver for our clients, teammates, communities and shareholders every day.
One of the keys to driving Responsible Growth is being a great place to work for our teammates around the world. We’re devoted to being a diverse and inclusive workplace for everyone. We hire individuals with a broad range of backgrounds and experiences and invest heavily in our teammates and their families by offering competitive benefits to support their physical, emotional, and financial well-being.
Bank of America believes both in the importance of working together and offering flexibility to our employees. We use a multi-faceted approach for flexibility, depending on the various roles in our organization.
Working at Bank of America will give you a great career with opportunities to learn, grow and make an impact, along with the power to make a difference. Join us!
Senior Architect, Cloud Architecture and Cloud Platform Labs, Enterprise Cloud Platforms
About Bank of America – Global Technology:
Global Technology delivers technology services globally across the bank’s eight lines of business that serve individuals, companies, and institutions. The team also focuses on digital banking, payments, infrastructure, data management and technology that enhances cyber security, and risk and capital management. Innovation is at the heart of all Global Technology does.
Enterprise Cloud Platforms Team:
Enterprise Cloud Platforms team in the CTO organization offers Private and Public Cloud platforms for Bank of America’s developers to drive faster time-to-market, innovation with private and public cloud capabilities, and reduce complexity with bult-in integrations. We believe in high quality engineering culture to engineer our platforms with customer and platform mindset, design for large enterprise scale and resilience, and accelerate market innovation into the technical platforms we deliver.
As part of this team, you will have a large impact on the evolution of next generation Cloud services for Bank of America and explore an extensive list of new technologies that will drive innovation across our company.
We are seeking an experienced Senior Cloud Architect to join our Enterprise Cloud Platforms organization and play a pivotal role in developing and realizing the hybrid and multi-cloud strategy of the bank. We are looking for people who are passionate about cloud technologies, and about using them to solve interesting business problems for our customers. If you’re collaborative, technical, and enjoy working on big challenges, we think you’ll enjoy working with us.
- Maintain thought leadership role in cloud technology, remaining up to date on offerings of various cloud service providers.
- Maintain overall product design documentation and oversight. Responsible for the overall architecture of Hybrid cloud platforms and components that comprise it.
- Provide expert level guidance on Cloud design decisions, standards, and operational practices.
- Be an active member of Cloud center of excellence to define and govern best practices in Cloud platforms engineering, cloud operations, cloud-native application development, and cloud platform governance.
- Plan and implement the selection of new cloud services and tools to enable cloud roadmap.
- Drive discussions in architecture review board; develop platform architecture artifacts and influence on architectural decisions.
- Maintain blueprints and reference implementations of cloud products.
- Partner with Information Security teams to engineer secure app patterns and have “security from the get-go” model into Cloud platforms.
- Work with teams that have high application complexity to provide guidance on cloud platforms, and escalate risks and issues as appropriate.
- Communicate problems and challenges to drive discussions across key stakeholders –engineering, operations, developers, and leadership.
- Experience in delivering large scale distributed enterprise platforms with focus on performance, scale, security, and reliability.
- Experience in DevOps and GitOps models with infra-as-code, config-as-code, policy-as-code, etc. with technologies such as Terraform.
- Experience with on-premises based Private Cloud and Public Cloud platforms such as Azure, AWS, and Google Cloud.
- Have deep knowledge of web protocols, Linux and/or Windows operating systems, and AWS, Azure, IBM Cloud and/or Google APIs and environments.
- Experience in native CSP orchestration stacks (e.g., Azure ARM templates, AWS CloudFormation, Google Cloud Deployment Manager)
- Experience in container-native technologies such as Kubernetes, container native virtualization, network, etc.
- Experience in cloud-native logging, monitoring and operations tools – Splunk, Prometheus, etc.
- Experience with containers related technologies and CICD tools – Jenkins, pipelines, container repos, etc.
- Experience in infra-automation tools and general programming languages – Ansible, Java, python, etc.
- Must be expert level in one or more of the following, with familiarity with the others:
- Cloud IAM
- Cloud network and security design
- Cloud IaaS design, including image creation and management using tools such as Packer.
- Native cloud services (i.e., CosmosDB, BigTable, etc.)
- Cloud-native Kubernetes services (AKS, GKE, EKS) design and implementation
- Red Hat Openshift public cloud design and implementation
- Experience with configuration management and automation tools such as Ansible, Puppet, CloudFormation, Salt
- Experience in Agile development practices and test-driven development
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational, leadership, communication, coaching, and troubleshooting skills
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:
Learn more about this role