Join our dynamic team and make a significant impact on our organization's security posture as our SIEM Development Manager. If you are a dedicated and forward-thinking professional with a passion for security and innovation, we invite you to apply and contribute to our mission of safeguarding our valuable assets and data from evolving cyber threats.
1. Team Leadership and Development:
- Manage and mentor a team of talented Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) developers, fostering a collaborative and high-performing work environment.
- Set clear objectives, provide regular feedback, and conduct performance evaluations to enhance the team's capabilities.
- Promote professional growth by organizing training sessions and encouraging employees to pursue relevant certifications and industry advancements.
2. SIEM Software Solution Architecture and Design:
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders, including cybersecurity experts, IT operations, and business units, to understand security requirements and business goals.
- Architect and design scalable and resilient SIEM solutions that can effectively handle diverse data sources and complex security analytics use cases.
- Conduct regular reviews and refinement of the architecture to accommodate changes in the threat landscape and business needs.
3. Development and Implementation:
- Lead the SIEM development team in coding, testing, and deploying custom applications to enhance the capabilities of our SIEM platform.
- Implement integrations with various data sources, security tools, and external threat intelligence feeds to enhance threat detection and response capabilities.
- Ensure compliance with coding standards, security best practices, and data privacy regulations throughout the development lifecycle.
4. Security Incident Management:
- Develop and refine strategies for proactive threat detection, incident identification, and efficient response and remediation.
- Conduct thorough analysis of security incidents, ensuring root cause analysis, and implement corrective actions to prevent future occurrences.
- Collaborate with the Incident Response team to enhance incident handling and escalation procedures.
5. Performance Optimization and Scalability:
- Continuously monitor the performance of the SIEM system and identify areas for optimization and enhancement.
- Evaluate and implement appropriate infrastructure upgrades to support increasing data volumes and maintain optimal system performance.
- Conduct load testing and performance tuning exercises to ensure the SIEM platform can handle peak operational loads.
6. Compliance and Policy:
- Ensure adherence to industry standards, regulatory requirements, and internal security policies in all aspects of SIEM development and operation.
- Collaborate with the Compliance team to fulfill audit requests and participate in security assessments and penetration testing exercises.
7. Research and Innovation:
- Stay informed about the latest cybersecurity threats, trends, and emerging technologies relevant to SIEM development and security operations.
- Evaluate new SIEM tools, technologies, and techniques to improve the organization's security posture and stay ahead of potential threats.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Security, or a related field or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years of proven experience in SIEM development and security operations, with a successful track record of leading SIEM projects from conception to implementation.
- Proficient programming skills in languages such as Python, Java, or C++, with a solid understanding of data structures and algorithms.
- Extensive knowledge of SIEM platforms (e.g., Splunk SOAR, Splunk ES and other industry SIEM platforms) and security technologies, including IDS/IPS, endpoint protection, firewalls, and vulnerability management tools.
- Familiarity with threat intelligence feeds, cybersecurity frameworks, and incident response methodologies.
- Strong leadership abilities, with experience in managing technical teams and driving successful outcomes.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, analytical mindset, and a proactive approach to addressing security challenges.
Enterprise Role Overview:
Responsible for building and leading a team to deliver technology products and services that meet business outcomes. Ensures people development through coaching, mentoring, feedback, and hands-on career development. Develops a technology strategy and ensures technology solutions comply with applicable standards. This role advocates and advances modern, Agile solution delivery practices and evangelizes great design, engineering and organizational practices. Accountable for team/program level resource and financial management; builds and maintains teams through talent acquisition. Sets maturity objectives and enables individuals/teams to with training & resources to achieve them. Sets and tracks quality and performance objectives. Facilitates performance and career development of individuals through performance reviews, coaching, and building individual development plans that are needed to develop competencies and skills. Understands individual and team maturity and performance through team/client feedback. Manages relationships with the business and technology leaders, and vendors for technical products. Accountable for solution delivery management as relevant to their teams e.g. prioritizing tech debt, compliance and security items, and supporting audits. Accountable to ensure all relevant risk, financial, and compliance polices and standards are met. Accountable for the application performance in production (app health, resiliency, performance, security, enterprise data management standards, audit exams and reviews). Creates the technology strategy for their technical domain. Ensures that execution is aligned with product strategy by working with Product Management, Product Owners, and other stakeholders. Creates an inclusive and healthy working environment, and helps to resolve organizational impediments/blockers. Leads and creates followership in Communities of Practice in the organization. Manages a team.
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:
Learn more about this role