At Bank of America, we are guided by a common purpose to help make financial lives better through the power of every connection. Responsible Growth is how we run our company and how we deliver for our clients, teammates, communities and shareholders every day.
One of the keys to driving Responsible Growth is being a great place to work for our teammates around the world. We’re devoted to being a diverse and inclusive workplace for everyone. We hire individuals with a broad range of backgrounds and experiences and invest heavily in our teammates and their families by offering competitive benefits to support their physical, emotional, and financial well-being.
Bank of America believes both in the importance of working together and offering flexibility to our employees. We use a multi-faceted approach for flexibility, depending on the various roles in our organization.
Working at Bank of America will give you a great career with opportunities to learn, grow and make an impact, along with the power to make a difference. Join us!
This role is to provide client service activities under Global Banking Operations. Work with our various multi-national corporate and FI clients, to help service, advise, support, and manage inquiries, servicing requests and relations. You will provide professional, courteous, and high-quality customer service in all aspects of domestic, international and cash management services along with support for client onboarding (implementation) projects.
- To service the needs of local and regional clients for our Global Transaction Services (GTS), Corporate Banking (CBK) and Global Commercial Banking (GCB) businesses
- To execute the servicing strategy in Japan as well as execution of the agreed upon processes
- Work closely with key business stakeholders including Sales, Operations and Fulfillment teams leveraging teamwork to provide the client with a seamless and world class experience
- Act as primary point for clients. Manage, log, and investigate the day-to-day servicing inquiries, complaints of all assigned and escalate as appropriate.
- Provide consistent service and keep clients informed on status of all outstanding inquiries, as well as being able to resolve queries timely and accurately
- Conduct periodic service and scorecard reviews with clients including client visits
- Work independently with strong organizational skills to overcome challenges with requests and ensures our client’s needs are satisfied
- Actively join, support, and implement local or regional projects as assigned by the Client Services Manager and Department Head
- Cross functional support between Client Servicing and Fulfillment, Operations including handling of technical inquiries, training sessions for clients and supporting client implementation tasks
- Undertake regulatory remediation and ensure closures within designated timelines
- Ensure full compliance of all applicable laws and regulations, credit, and KYC/AML policies as well as to exercise appropriate delegated authority
- Perform all duties as assigned by the Client Services Manager and Department Head
- Provide ongoing technical support to clients where necessary for problem solving for our e-banking system
- Manage and execute technical implementations of treasury and cash management solutions (our e-banking system implementation) for our clients
- In-depth knowledge of customer service principles and practices
- A good understanding of Treasury and Cash Management offerings
- At least 3-10+ years of working experience in Client Servicing or a similar client-facing role in the banking industry focusing on treasury and cash management solutions for Corporates and/or Financial Institutions
- Ability to communicate fluently in Japanese and English, both orally and written
- KYC/AML-related documentation skills for both Resident and Non-Resident clients
- Work experience with offshore operation center colleagues
- Ability to learn current market/industry events/trends and to adjust accordingly
- Self-motivated, flexible, proactive; excellent team player and able to work independent of direct supervision
- Must be a high impact player who exhibits forward thinking, promotes team effort, and demonstrates initiative
- Problem solving/analytical and organizational skills
- Strong technical and data analytical skills including ability/experience in analyzing, managing, and reporting findings from large sets of structured data.
- Excellent presentations, communication, time management, analytical problem solving, interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Demonstrates passion to serve our clients and to operate as a client advocate
- Ability to manage multiple requests simultaneously that involves various levels of complexity and resolution timeframes.
- Proven track record of operational experience within the payment, trade, or treasury space
- Excellent rapport with client contacts as well as internal partners at all levels
- Able to work under pressure and challenges.
- Able to demonstrate experience with continuous process improvement. Ability to handle documentation requirements to onboard clients
- Participate in internal initiatives/projects, taking ownership and deliver the execution of these projects (Document business requirements, support User Acceptance Test (UAT), etc.), Validate test files sent by clients
- Knowledge in Payment, Credit, Loan, Trade Finance Operations, Global Markets-related Products
- Experience in technical implementation projects including involvement in building new or enhancing existing systems to meet complex reporting requirements
- Background in supporting technical service or at least 3-5 years working experience in an implementation team in banking or Fintech industry
Learn more about this role