At Bank of America, we are guided by a common purpose to help make financial lives better through the power of every connection. Responsible Growth is how we run our company and how we deliver for our clients, teammates, communities and shareholders every day.
One of the keys to driving Responsible Growth is being a great place to work for our teammates around the world. We’re devoted to being a diverse and inclusive workplace for everyone. We hire individuals with a broad range of backgrounds and experiences and invest heavily in our teammates and their families by offering competitive benefits to support their physical, emotional, and financial well-being.
Bank of America believes both in the importance of working together and offering flexibility to our employees. We use a multi-faceted approach for flexibility, depending on the various roles in our organization.
Working at Bank of America will give you a great career with opportunities to learn, grow and make an impact, along with the power to make a difference. Join us!
This role is responsible for managing the client service activities under Global Banking Operations. Work with our various multi-national corporate and FI clients, you will help to service, advise, support, and manage inquiries, servicing requests and relations. You will provide professional, courteous, and high-quality customer service in all aspects of domestic, international and cash management services along with support for client onboarding (implementation) projects. This role will require the candidate to act as the primary contact point with the client to establish connectivity between various organizations, managing and organizing all internal and external project related activities to ensure a timely and smooth client implementation process. The candidate will need to be exceptionally skilled at developing and deepening relationships with clients and business partners.
- Help drive business strategies for Global Transaction Services (GTS), Corporate Banking (CBK) and Global Commercial Banking (GCB) at the local level in Japan
- Responsible for the execution of the servicing strategy in Japan
- Work closely with key business stakeholders including Sales, Operations and Fulfillment teams, leveraging teamwork to provide the client with a seamless and world class experience
- Provides broader leadership in the country by driving integration into the regional organization and strategy
- Build strong influential relationship with key leaders across the country, region, enterprise, and industry
- Conduct period service and scorecard reviews with clients including client visits
- Provide cross functional support between Client Servicing Operations and Fulfillment teams including handling of technical inquiries, training sessions for clients, supporting client implementation tasks and internal projects
- Undertake regulatory remediation and ensure completion within designated timelines
- Ensure full compliance of all applicable laws and regulations credit and KYC/AML policies
- Establish a continuous process improvement environment within the team
- Align team to enterprise capabilities, create competitive business plans while maintaining client focus, balance risk and reward as well as acting as a change agent
- Creates team vision, leads people to perform and develops employees with focus on attracting, retaining, and growing key talent
- To manage staffing requirements, team performance including KPIs, team’s budget/expense, reporting/forecasting for the areas being managed
- Proactively participate in the resolution of operational and/or product servicing issues that are sensitive/high risk for major clients
- Provide ongoing technical support to clients as required to resolve inquiries related to our e-banking system
- Provide collaborative support to execute technical implementations of treasury and cash management solutions to our clients
- In-depth knowledge of customer service principles and practices
- In depth knowledge of treasury, cash management products, wholesale operations
- 15-20+ year working experience in banking industry
- 10+ years of experience in managing large teams
- Proven track record exhibiting strong experience in client facing roles as well as relationship skills at all levels both internally and externally
- Both oral and written English and Japanese communication fluency including ability to translate
- Excellent presentation, communication, time management, analytical problem solving, interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Experience dealing with corporate clients at all levels in a positive and professional manner, including the ability to work under pressure
- Sufficient understanding of local regulatory and legal inquiries required to handle inquiries including KYC/AML-related documentation skills for both resident and non-resident clients
- Ability to digest complex issues and develop creative solutions
- Experience of working with offshore operation center colleagues
- Project management/process coordination experience, specifically with treasury and cash management solutions for corporate organizations, including exposure to electronic payments, SWIFT, Zengin, and Foreign Exchange (FX).
- Ability to learn current market/industry events/trends and to adjust accordingly
- Self-motivated, flexible, proactive, excellent team player
- Must be a high impact player who exhibits forward thinking, promotes team effort, and demonstrates initiative
- Demonstrates passion to serve our clients and to operate as a client advocate
- Ability to manage multiple requests simultaneously that involves various levels of complexity and resolution timeframes
- Able to demonstrate experience with continuous process improvement
- Strong technical and data analytical skills including ability to analyze, manage and report findings from large sets of structured data.
- Knowledge in Payments, Credit, Loans, Trade Finance Operations, Global Markets-related Products
- Experience in technical implementation projects including involvement in building new or enhancing existing systems to meet complex reporting requirements
Learn more about this role