Job Title: Network Operations Centre Lead
Corporate Title: Vice President
At Bank of America, we are guided by a common purpose to help make financial lives better through the power of every connection. Responsible Growth is how we run our company and how we deliver for our clients, teammates, communities and shareholders every day.
One of the keys to driving Responsible Growth is being a great place to work for our teammates around the world. We’re devoted to being a diverse and inclusive workplace for everyone. We hire individuals with a broad range of backgrounds and experiences and invest heavily in our teammates and their families by offering competitive benefits to support their physical, emotional, and financial well-being.
Bank of America believes both in the importance of working together and offering flexibility to our employees. We use a multi-faceted approach for flexibility, depending on the various roles in our organization.
Working at Bank of America will give you a great career with opportunities to learn, grow and make an impact, along with the power to make a difference. Join us!
Find us in the city of Chester, a destination renowned for its culture, history, and beauty. Working at Bank of America in Chester offers a far-reaching global career for a world-renowned organisation, whilst being ideally situated against the backdrop of the rolling North Wales hills and the banks of the serene River Dee.
Coming from a technical background, you will possess a deep understanding of network technologies and the ability to link them with the business. You’ve previously led an Operations function and thrive in fast-paced, high-stakes environments that require quick turnaround on multiple projects and excellent relationship building with business partners.
- You will work with the Network Operation leader in EMEA, collaborating on the strategic transformation of the global network operations through SRE/NRE practices with a focus on using data to drive strategic improvements.
- You will be part of a global team leading our Chester based Network Operations team and partnering with your peers in the US, Singapore and IN to provide unrivalled and uninterrupted network support for Bank of America globally.
- You’ll be leading a team and ensuring that the stability of the global network infrastructure is upheld during EMEA hours of operation. You’ll also be accountable for the service provided by close to 160 vendor personnel.
- You will have a focus on team development and providing guidance on how to efficiently meet support targets as well as providing executive level updates to our regional CTO/CIOs.
- You will focus on the reduction of Mean time to restore (MTTR) through the development of people, processes, and tools.
- You’ll communicate issues and incidents to all levels of the organisation including the senior management and lines of business as required.
- You will strive to continuously optimize operational procedures and automate manual tasks to improve efficiency and quality.
What we are looking for:
- Experience working in Network Operations as well as experience managing a team of engineers in an operations environment in a large enterprise or financial institution.
- In-depth knowledge of Incident, Problem and Change Management.
- Knowledge of networking communication principles, network standards, and practices.
- Strong business partnership skills – Able to build broad-based business relationships across the organization and positively influence colleagues.
- Willing to work some irregular hours based on the needs of global operating model and the location of clients.
- Strong analytical skills with ability to identify gaps, challenge others with positive intent, and drive debate towards identification and remediation of underlying risks.
- Familiar with product deployments within a global banking environment and knowledge of regulatory risk management in Technology and Information Security domains.
Skills that will help:
- Experience with other technologies, such as Firewall, Proxy, DDI, Load Balancing, AAA preferred.
- Relevant Industry certifications in Network Technologies.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- ITIL Certification.
Benefits of working at Bank of America:
- Private healthcare for you and your family plus an annual health screen to help you manage your physical wellness with the option to purchase a screen for your partner
- Competitive pension plan, life assurance and group income protection cover if you become unable to work as a result of a disability or health reasons
- 20 days of back-up childcare including virtual tutoring and 20 days of back-up adult care per annum
- The ability to change your core benefits as well as the option of selecting a variety of flexible benefits to suit your personal circumstances including access to a wellbeing account, travel insurance, critical illness etc
- Use of a flex fund to use towards benefits
- Access to an emotional wellbeing helpline, mental health first aiders and virtual GP services
- Ability to donate to charities of your choice directly through payroll and the bank will match your contribution
- Opportunity to access our Arts & Culture corporate membership programme and receive discounted entry to some of the UK and Ireland’s most iconic cultural institutions
- Opportunity to give back to your community, develop new skills and work with new groups of people by volunteering in your local area
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It’s important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mind-set are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, responsibilities for dependents, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
We strive to ensure that our recruitment processes are accessible for all candidates and encourage any candidates to tell us about any adjustment requirements.
Learn more about this role