At Bank of America, we are guided by a common purpose to help make financial lives better through the power of every connection. Responsible Growth is how we run our company and how we deliver for our clients, teammates, communities and shareholders every day.
One of the keys to driving Responsible Growth is being a great place to work for our teammates around the world. We’re devoted to being a diverse and inclusive workplace for everyone. We hire individuals with a broad range of backgrounds and experiences and invest heavily in our teammates and their families by offering competitive benefits to support their physical, emotional, and financial well-being.
Bank of America believes both in the importance of working together and offering flexibility to our employees. We use a multi-faceted approach for flexibility, depending on the various roles in our organization.
Working at Bank of America will give you a great career with opportunities to learn, grow and make an impact, along with the power to make a difference. Join us!
The Middle Market Financial Sponsors (MMFSG) Credit team is seeking a Credit Officer to originate and structure transactions for sponsor clients. The team focuses exclusively on financings for Middle Market companies that are owned by private equity firms. We typically provide Term Loan A solutions and our sponsor clients include both Middle Market and Large Cap firms. Transactions include LBOs, Recaps, and Acquisition Financings across multiple industries and consist primarily of syndicated transactions.
The Commercial Credit Officer (CO) is a highly skilled resource, providing expert level advisory guidance and integrated debt capital solutions for both Business Banking and Middle Market commercial banking clients owned by private equity firms. Products include lines of credit, term loans, and syndicated loans as well as advising on complex capital structures and other debt capital markets solutions. The CO manages all of the ancillary credit exposure to clients and maintains knowledge of other BofA products including Investment Banking and Treasury Management that have credit exposure. The CO leverages product expertise to deliver the best possible and optimally integrated strategic solutions for the client or prospect.
MMFSG is a fast-paced work environment with a highly active portfolio and strong deal flow from large cap and middle market PE clients. The portfolio consists primarily of Leveraged Transactions and experience with sponsor finance is preferred.
Can be filled as an UWII, depending on qualifications
• 10+ Years Experience in Commercial Credit Underwriting in Middle Market Banking and/or Leverage Transactions along with strong presentation skills.
• Deal analysis: Perform analysis of clients and prospects and their industries and subsectors - make go /no- go recommendation,
• Design and execution of credit solutions, and the active management of asset quality - Manage execution of credit process from origination to approval to booking
• Collaborates with sponsor coverage team and other product partners, when needed, to assess client needs, design integrated solutions and deliver the bank to clients and prospects
• Serve as Line/Credit approver in conjunction with Risk management based on credit approval grid and drives the internal credit approval process, loan documentation and closing
• Must have a strong familiarity with acquisition finance and associated documentation
• Negotiate credit agreements on an independent basis directly with highly sophisticated client bases
• Articulate deal risks and merits for credit decisioning
• Train and mentor junior associates
Shift:1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:40
Learn more about this role