At Bank of America, we are guided by a common purpose to help make financial lives better through the power of every connection. Responsible Growth is how we run our company and how we deliver for our clients, teammates, communities, and shareholders every day.
One of the keys to driving Responsible Growth is being a great place to work for our teammates around the world. We’re devoted to being a diverse and inclusive workplace for everyone. We hire individuals with a broad range of backgrounds and experiences and invest heavily in our teammates and their families by offering competitive benefits to support their physical, emotional, and financial well-being.
Bank of America believes both in the importance of working together and offering flexibility to our employees. We use a multi-faceted approach for flexibility, depending on the various roles in our organization.
Working at Bank of America will give you a great career with opportunities to learn, grow and make an impact, along with the power to make a difference. Join us!
The technology areas of focus for the Tier-3 Network Operations Service Specialist includes routing and switching, business to business connectivity, and emerging technologies such as Software Defined Networking.
The Tier-3 Network Operations Service Specialists are expected to be well versed in numerous networking protocols, technologies and troubleshooting methodology, including the use of proactive and reactive tools. The work is always in alignment to the current and approved Network Services Standards, Incident and Problem Management Policies & Procedures, governance and management policies set forth by the firm.
This position will interface directly with internal stakeholders and external suppliers/providers, architecture, product engineering, product management, and business management. At times, they may interface with various levels of senior management. Strong communication and problem-solving skills are a must. The candidate must be able to work on their own and successfully in team settings in various sizes and locations. Adherence and use of standards, product sets, templates, systems, and artifacts are important to the success of the individual, the department, and the firm at large. The Tier-3 Network Operations Service Specialist will be considered a subject matter expert in their field and is expected to stay current with various technologies, organizational goals, and industry trends to drive end to end value.
- Level-3 Escalation point for operational support of Data Center / DMZ routing and switching environment
- Cisco Nexus / ACI, Arista CloudVision, VMware NSX, NetScout, and Gigamon
- Technical areas of focus include but are not limited to routing, switching, business to business connectivity, and public internet
- Proactive network reviews including
- Routine testing of disaster recovery scenarios, identification of vulnerabilities, and opportunities for improvement in observability across the network stack
- Mentorship of Production Services Specialists and technical leadership within the team
- Work with senior team members to validate impacts and communicate to all stakeholder’s technical status updates Participate in the documentation of application flows, upstream/downstream impacts during outages, the customer experience in failure scenarios, contacts for various support needs and ensures appropriate runbooks and wikis are up to date and available for use during triage
- Work ad-hoc reports and offline incidents at the direction of the senior team members or leadership
- Promote and enforce production governance during triage/testing and fix efforts, exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action
- Adhere to design standards and global design authority processes and procedures
- Assemble professional documents based on existing templates and ability to provide accurate work descriptions with assumptions, and caveats
- 5+ years of expert-level experience with Network technologies: Routing & Switching, Firewalls, LAN, TCP/IP, DNS, UDP, NAC, QoS, EIGRP, BGP, OSPF, Multicast, NHRP, IPv4, IPv6, MPLS, ACL, VPN
- Expert experience with troubleshooting complex networking problems
- Experience as technical level escalation and/or lead
- Experience with JIRA, Confluence, Agile framework & SCRUM ceremonies
- Understand configuration management with tools such as Forward Networks and HPNA
- Experience using (both proactive and reactive) advanced tooling; Inclusive of but not limited to NetScout, Wireshark, Splunk, SevOne, HPNA, NNMI, OBM, IBM Watson, NSO, etc.
- General experience in Network Automation tools and processes
- Self-starter/self-directed, organized and detail oriented
- Strong technical acumen and analytical skills
- Excellent client interfacing skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to work with all levels of management
- Experience aligning actions to business impact and service restoral
- Demonstrates ownership: Is accountable and can hold others accountable (professionally)
- Experience operating with colleagues across different time zones with a flexible approach to working hours (ability to work varied hours) to successfully interact and communicate on a global level
- This role requires Weekend work
- Experience in Networking-related disciplines within a design, implementation, or operations role
- Relevant Industry certifications in Network Technologies
- Cloud or SDN knowledge and experience
- Experience with SDN; Cisco ACI, VMware NSX, Arista CloudVision
- Experience with SDWAN, preferred if on Cloudgenix
- Experience with automation tools such as Python, Ansible, YAML or Django, API calls (to ticketing systems and network devices), and frontend web development
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Financial Services industry experience (Insurance, Banking, Investment banking)
- Experience with other network technologies: WAN, MAN, LAN, Optical, Routing, Switching, Firewall, Proxy/Threat Prevention, DDI, Load Balancing, and AAA
2nd shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:
Learn more about this role