Are you looking to change career? Have you been out of the workplace for over 2 years? If you have a keen desire to learn and progress in the financial services industry but thought the opportunity had passed you by then our Career Transition Apprentice Programme might be for you.
We are currently looking for a motivated Apprentice to join our Chief Technology Organisation in Chester in a full-time role whilst studying the Level 6 Digital and Technology Solutions degree apprenticeship standard.
This is a great opportunity to join a world-renowned company and build a rewarding career in the North West. You will be joining an exceptional and supportive team, working alongside colleagues from around the globe. We promote diversity and inclusion and will give you access to ongoing training to help you develop and grow. We reward high performance and support colleagues in local community based voluntary activities. This all helps to make our company a great place to work.
Our Technology Analyst Apprenticeship program is designed to offer you a broad and exciting experience of work as a Technology Analyst, supporting your apprenticeship studies. You will be placed within one of our Technology teams and can participate in the real delivery of technology solutions.
As a Technology Analyst Apprentice, your key tasks and responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Delivering end user support through our Associate Help Desk and Desktop Support function
- Managing infrastructure events and incidents through our Command Centre Operations function
- Being responsible for deploying and supporting core infrastructure that underpins the daily operations of the entire bank – networks, servers, databases, storage & backup, desktop, telephony, electronic communications, data centres, and much more…
- Partnering with platform teams and Business Technology Groups to code automations to improve processes
- Designing and building mobile solutions to enable our employees to work effectively in geographically diverse locations
- Being responsible for global incident management, problem management and change management processes
Essential and desired competencies
As the successful applicant, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate evidence of self-learning and efforts to advance technical skills
- Display passion for exploring a Technology career within financial services
- Have a desire to further your knowledge of, infrastructure including servers, networks, storage, backups, databases, desktops, information security, programming, and communications
- Demonstrate capacity for innovative thinking and strong problem solving
- Display effective communication and interpersonal skills, and ability to interact with a variety of people
- Demonstrates integrity and ethics by earning other’s trust and respect through consistent honesty and professionalism in all interactions
- English & mathematics GCSEs (or equivalent)
- Been a resident of the UK for the past 3 years
- Not in full-time education when starting the apprenticeship
- Have the right to work and remain in the UK indefinitely
- Spend at least 50% of your working hours in England over the duration of the apprenticeship
- Have not completed a qualification or apprenticeship at the same level or higher which provided you with substantially the same skills or training as you would gain through this apprenticeship with Bank of America
Learn more about this role