Overview (Bank overview, GBS India overview, Function Overview)*
Bank of America is one of the world’s leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small and middle-market businesses and large corporations with a full range of banking, investing, asset management and other financial and risk management products and services.
We are committed to attracting and retaining top talent across the globe to ensure our continued success. Along with taking care of our customers, we want to be the best place for people to work and aim at creating a work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals.
We are a part of the Global Business Services which delivers technology and operations capabilities to all Bank of America lines of business (LOB) and enterprise functions.
Our employees help our customers and clients at every stage of their financial lives, helping them connect to what matters most. This purpose defines and unites us. Every day, we are focused on delivering value, convenience, expertise and innovation for individuals, businesses and institutional investors we serve worldwide.
* BA Continuum is a nonbank subsidiary of Bank of America, part of Global Business Services in the bank.
The Global Finance was set up in 2007 as a part of the CFO Global Delivery strategy to provide offshore delivery to Line of Business and Enterprise Finance functions. The capabilities hosted include Accounts Payable, General Accounting & Reconciliations, Management Reporting & Analysis, Research & Analytics, Financial Transaction Processing, Finance Systems Support and Supply Chain Management.
Over the years, the scope of Global Finance has been expanded to include operations for other enterprise control functions like Human Resources and Risk and Compliance.
The process in question is GIRC primarily involved in monthly certification of B/S accounts.
An individual contributor role of a Payroll GL Accountant. The incumbent in this role is required to perform Manual Journal Entry in GL as per sub-ledger or supporting document. He/she is required to prepare ADHOC MJE for various payroll instructions received from LOB. The person may also have to support Reconciliations team for providing support and explanation on Aged/ Open items.
- Process monthly/overtime and biweekly Payroll accounting
- Validate Vendor inputs for net salaries considering deductions and withholdings and accordingly post MJE
- Ensure payroll and tax documents support are complete to prepare MJE
- Update general ledger and payroll files
- Prepare accounting files, records, and schedules
- Monitor paid and unpaid leaves accruals. •Resolve payroll accounting break as per reconciliations provided by Reconciling team
- Facilitate supports to Reconciling team
- Participate in payroll audits (internal/External)
B. Com with 5-6 yrs. of experience, out of which at least 6 yrs. in GL Accounting & Reconciliation function.
M. Com/CA (Inter) with 5-6 yrs. of accounting experience.
Certifications If Any
6 years of experience with at least 6 years in GL Accounting & Reconciliation.
1) Good oral and written communication skills
2) Good knowledge of accounting concepts & journal entries
3) Good analytical skills and knowledge of transactional flow in Accounts.
4) Good knowledge of MS Excel and other office applications
1) Advanced Excel and VBA
2) Alteryx and advanced analysis/automation tools.
Between 11:30 – 23:30 (Extended shift during peak days) IST
Learn more about this role