Overview (Bank overview, GBS India overview, Function Overview)*
Bank of America is one of the world’s leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small and middle-market businesses and large corporations with a full range of banking, investing, asset management and other financial and risk management products and services.
We are committed to attracting and retaining top talent across the globe to ensure our continued success. Along with taking care of our customers, we want to be the best place for people to work and aim at creating a work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals.
We are a part of the Global Business Services which delivers technology and operations capabilities to all Bank of America lines of business (LOB) and enterprise functions.
Our employees help our customers and clients at every stage of their financial lives, helping them connect to what matters most. This purpose defines and unites us. Every day, we are focused on delivering value, convenience, expertise and innovation for individuals, businesses and institutional investors we serve worldwide.
* BA Continuum is a nonbank subsidiary of Bank of America, part of Global Business Services in the bank.
Shared Technology Services (STS) is a technology group providing Application Development Shared Technology Services to the Global Business Services. STS is one of several Global Technology & Operations (GT&O) transformation initiatives aimed at simplifying and modernizing our technology and operations environment.
STS is about the people who get our technology work done. STS is about building our own fungible – or interchangeable – pools of in-house technology resources, keeping intellectual capital inside the bank. The members of this group will provide subject matter expertise on their respective technology domains.
Responsible for testing and delivering complex software requirements to accomplish business outcomes. Ensures that software is tested to meet functional, non-functional, and compliance requirements. Helps condition and generate test data, builds and executes both manual and automated test suites, record and communicate the test results, and assist with triaging defects. Ensures regression test suites are maintained and well designed. Develops detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test cases based on functional, non-functional, and compliance requirements. Leads test planning, usually at a team level. When part of a Scrum team, ensures stories are well refined and contains clear acceptance criteria. Ensures in-scope and out-of-scope items are clearly identified during test planning. Implements the test framework for the team. Leads test case reviews and works with subject matter experts and stakeholders to ensure test coverage. Identifies automation opportunities and develops test automation for applicable test types. Helps condition and generate test data and ensure data compliance requirements are met on all levels of test environments. Assists in identifying and managing sensitive test data. Designs test data and ensures data compliance requirements are met on all levels of test environments. Assists in identifying and managing sensitive test data. Executes test cases, including manual and automated tests, and records test results. Reports issues and defects along with the appropriate background information for review. Participates in triaging reported issues/defects and assists with resolving or escalating them as necessary. Creates and manages traceability. Traces tests forwards/backwards through the development lifecycle and back to requirements. Uses testing tools and follows processes to complete testing on a given test environment, and assists with fulfillment of necessary steps required to promote code base to higher level environments. Maintains and catalogs test suites across test types (Smoke, Integration, Regression, etc.) Individual contributor.
• Develops detailed, comprehensive and well-structured both manual and automated test cases based on functional requirements.
• Contributes to test planning, and when part of a Scrum team, builds test cases for stories in the given sprint as per story acceptance criteria.
• Participates in test case reviews and makes necessary updates.
• Builds and uses test data required to accomplish execution of test cases.
• Develops and Executes test cases, including manual and automated tests, and records test results.
• Assist in traceability activities as required.
• Test new and existing features, debug code (units and integration) and report errors and failures
• Work collaboratively with the developing team (other team members and departments) to correct errors and participate in testing for product releases
• Gathering requirements; analyzing users stories and/use cases/requirements for validity and feasibility
• Execute all levels of testing (System, Integration, and Regression)
• Design, develop, execute automation scripts when needed
• Ownership in end-end testing
• Detect and track software defects and inconsistencies; provide timely solutions
• Apply quality principles throughout the Agile product lifecycle with the appropriate support and documentation
• Ensure that all the standards and process are being implemented within a projects
B.E./ B Tech / M.E./M Tech
M.C.A [with B.Sc., B Com, BBM]
M.Sc. (Computer Science, IT, S/W, Mathematics, Electronics, Physics, Statistics)
Certifications If Any
Any certification related to Agile, Functional testing
• 4 - 5 years of experience in Software Testing.
Strong in Functional Automation Testing, Database Testing and Web Services Testing
3+ years of hands-on experience in Automation Projects in a Developer capacity
Strong experience writing DB queries
Strong in Automation testing tools – Selenium/UFT
Strong experience using Cucumber and BDD processes, and creating step definitions
Design and develop automated testing strategies and build automated testing frameworks
Experience or exposure in Agile methodology
Good understanding of CICD including Jenkins, Bit bucket, etc.
• Strong problem identification and solving skills.
• Work well in a multi-disciplined team environment.
• Strong communication skills
• Excel in a fast paced, dynamic environment
• Strong technical & people leadership skills
• Experience in working in a Global delivery model
• Experience in Banking domain
10.30 to 8.30 pm. IST (Need to flexible as per business need)
Learn more about this role