Operations role which requires supporting of both a Citrix and VMware infrastructure for published applications.
Team member will be part of a 24X7 oncall schedule.
Currently seeking an individual with a minimum of 5+ years hands on experience supporting a large-scale Citrix XenApp environment and/or VMware Horizon.
• Candidate should have a deep understanding of the infrastructure layer (DDC, Director, Studio) down to the client level (receiver). (Citrix)
• Candidate should have a deep understanding of the infrastructure layer (Connection Server, ADAM database, VROPS). (VMware)
• Need to have hands on experience with application packaging, deployment, and support.
• Role is operational support in nature and requires the candidate to be part of an on-call rotation 24X7X365.
Desired skills in migration of applications in Citrix XenApp to VMware Horizon apps. Soft skills around communication/negotiating with customers/clients around migration schedules, testing, etc.
Desired skills in working/administration of licenses on the Citrix license servers. Expectation would be the ability to download new licenses from vendor, apply licenses to the correct pools, and run reports on ad-hoc basis for license consumption.
Individual should have a strong understanding around testing required for release to production. Critical path from labs, development, SIT, UAT, and production. Additionally, experience using a change management tools such as Remedy to fully document changes end to end is desired.
• Proven team player who can work comfortably in a multicultural environment
• Proven ability to work independently, multi task and effectively work in a complex environment with a global team structure
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; Strong influencer, facilitator, and collaborator.
• Detail oriented and organized
• Must be pro-active, enthusiastic, flexible, results driven with attention to detail
• Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
• Motivation to achieve results and the ability to quickly integrate into teams
• Ability to work in an ambiguous environment and draw and defend results and conclusions
• Ability to work in a dynamic and team oriented environment
• Ability to balance a significant workload, prioritize and multitask
Responsible for developing and delivering complex software requirements to accomplish business goals. Ensures that software is developed to meet functional, non-functional, and compliance requirements. Codes solutions, unit tests, and ensures the solution can be integrated successfully into the overall application/system with clear, robust and well-tested interfaces. Familiar with development and testing practices of the bank. Contributes to story refinement/defining requirements. Participates and guides team in estimating work necessary to realize a story/requirement through the delivery lifecycle. Performs spike/proof of concept as necessary to mitigate risk or implement new ideas. Codes solutions and unit tests to deliver a requirement/story per the defined acceptance criteria and compliance requirements Utilizes multiple architectural components (across data, application, business) in design and development of client requirements. Assists team with resolving technical complexities involved in realizing story work. Contributes to existing test suites (integration, regression, performance); Analyzes test reports, identifies any test issues/errors; Triages the underlying cause. Documents and communicates required information for deployment, maintenance, support, and business functionality. Participates, contributes and can coach team members in the delivery/release (CI-CD) events. e.g. branching timelines, pull requests, issue triage, merge/conflict resolution, release notes. Individual contributor.