Responsible for developing and delivering complex software requirements to accomplish business goals. Ensures that software is developed to meet functional, non-functional, and compliance requirements. Codes solutions, unit tests, and ensures the solution can be integrated successfully into the overall application/system with clear, robust and well-tested interfaces. Familiar with development and testing practices of the bank. Contributes to story refinement/defining requirements. Participates and guides team in estimating work necessary to realize a story/requirement through the delivery lifecycle. Performs spike/proof of concept as necessary to mitigate risk or implement new ideas. Codes solutions and unit tests to deliver a requirement/story per the defined acceptance criteria and compliance requirements Utilizes multiple architectural components (across data, application, business) in design and development of client requirements. Assists team with resolving technical complexities involved in realizing story work. Contributes to existing test suites (integration, regression, performance); Analyzes test reports, identifies any test issues/errors; Triages the underlying cause. Documents and communicates required information for deployment, maintenance, support, and business functionality. Participates, contributes and can coach team members in the delivery/release (CI-CD) events. e.g. branching timelines, pull requests, issue triage, merge/conflict resolution, release notes. Individual contributor.
- Scrutinize functional requirements, specifications and source to target mapping documents, identifying underspecified requirements and other design challenges
- Assimilate and understand the application architecture to support the required changes
- Perform exploratory source data analysis, including ad-hoc sql queries, to proactively find and expose data quality problems or data that violate assumptions and business rules, and may cause unexpected output in the developed solution. Effectively leverage automated data profiling tools when available.
- Create documented designs, specifications, deployment and unit test plans.
- Design solutions that promote reusability, maintainability and good, scalable performance.
- Build and execute repeatable unit & regression test cases
- Must be comfortable with techniques that leverage team-based development.
- Ability to work with vendor solutions and third parties.
- Solve complex business problems and assimilate complex information to provide analysis and collaborate with all stakeholders
- Responsible for eliciting and documenting requirements, requirements traceability, and ensuring that the design and build of the solution aligns with requirements in Agile methodology
- Liaison between business partners, technology partners, and project managers across multiple teams to prioritize requirements and manage expectations on scope of work, and help research any problems that are identified
- Drive completion of user acceptance testing (UAT) and Production validation with the different business teams, including coordinating testing of changes and managing issue resolution through Jira
- Effectively execute and/or participate on multiple projects simultaneously and manage shifting priorities
- Extremely detail-oriented to ensure quality and accurate work products
- Strong communication skills and ability to interact with key business leaders at all levels of seniority
- Ensure business requirements provide the proper level of detail for technology teams
- Previous experience in leading tech deliverables and project management and an understanding of best practices
- Ability to think on your feet, ask questions, see the big picture and connect the dots
- Understand relational data models, perform data analysis and data mining using SQL and relational databases, in particular extracting data with complex queries from Hadoop, Teradata and Oracle
- Apply advanced analytical skills to navigate systems, access data, reconcile different sources, identify discrepancies
- Ability to analyze systems documentation to assist with data attributes mappings on NFRR reports that may be semi-automated in nature
- Ability to effectively manage day-to-day interactions and relationships with a diverse group of Non-Financial Regulatory Reporting (NFRR) report preparers in GFC and GCOR
- Familiarity with Anti-Money Laundering, Economic Sanctions and Suspicious Activity Reporting
- Conduct Scrum daily standup meetings, program board review, ownership of project in Jira
- Create and Maintain Jira stories and epics to plan and track progress and maintain traceability of project from inception to close
- Technologies: JIRA, Agile development, SharePoint, Visio, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, SQL, Toad, Teradata SQL Assistant
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:
Learn more about this role