Global Mortgages & Securitized Products (GMSP) is engaged in client focused Trading, Lending and Sales activities across a broad range of mortgage and asset backed products. Our global businesses are actively involved in trading, hedging and issuing loans and securities. We work aggressively to tailor solutions and provide liquidity for our customers.
Within GMSP, the Agency CMO Trading desk is looking for an Analyst, Associate or VP level trader who will be on the front line trading desk and responsible for helping manage a book of Agency Derivatives. This is an amazing opportunity to become part of an industry leading team of traders with an investor base which spans the globe.
• Demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of Agency Mortgage products, the marketplace and client needs to drive product growth/development
• Provide liquidity for Agency Derivatives in the secondary market
• Analyze prepayment trends to help understand risks and opportunities in the market
• Manage spread, duration and prepayment as presented by supporting our customer flow
• Work closely with CMO structurers to optimize deal structure and collateral selection
• Perform financial and statistical analyses, conduct research, and prepare support documentation and client presentation materials
• Interact with FICC Sales team, colleagues on the trading desk and customers on trades and other BAU needs
• Develop and manage relationships with external / third-party partners and internal support. partners
• Attend client meetings and conference calls
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 1-5 years of total work experience preferred.
• Ability to work well in a fast-paced, dynamic environment that requires executive thinking and problem solving
• Should also be comfortable working with internal partners on the trading desk in addition to our partners in sales and risk management and ultimately with large customers of the firm.
• Clear communication skills, strong writing and interpersonal skills, and outstanding work ethic.
• Must be proactive and demonstrate ownership and initiative taking.
• Ability to multi-task, good organizational and time management capabilities.
Shift:1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:40
Learn more about this role
Located in midtown Manhattan, we’re right across from Bryant Park and a short walk to Times Square, Broadway theaters, Grand Central Station, excellent shops and world-class restaurants.