- The Portfolio Manager is responsible for the design, implementation and ongoing execution of investment portfolios on behalf of Private Banking clients. Portfolio management is the foundation of Private Banking client relationships and is integral to the Private Bank’s business model.
- Day-to-day responsibilities include portfolio implementation, manager selection, rebalancing, investment communication and education to both colleagues and clients, investment performance reviews, and working to close new business.
- The PM will support teams to effectively communicate to prospects and clients our business culture, investment philosophy and a range of wealth management solutions that are relevant to high-net-worth individuals navigating a complex financial environment.
- Portfolio manager should be experienced in working across asset classes, and deploying separately managed accounts, mutual funds, ETFs, and a wide variety of alternative investments including hedge funds, private equity and real estate.
- Periodic investment reviews will include account performance, summary of activity, return attribution and discussion of future rebalancing, ratification of client goals and objectives, income needs, etc.
- Portfolio managers must demonstrate excellent communication skills, verbal and written, and tailored to the audience. Topics range from discussion of market forecasts and changes to portfolio tactics, to interest rates, earnings forecasts and economic and industry analysis.
- Portfolio managers should seek to develop meaningful relationships with their clients and demonstrate the highest care, skill, diligence and ethics in the conduct of all aspects of the job, including trade execution, adherence to client-specific Investment Policy Statements guidelines, and acting solely in the clients’ best interest
- PMs will support revenue and AUM growth targets of the market by meeting individual investment management goals.
- Extensive work related experience managing investment portfolios for HNW and UHNW families and individuals.
- Broad-based technical knowledge of investments, tax, legal and operations necessary to service clients
- Knowledge of fiduciary standards, principles and applicable laws and regulations usually acquired through training, seminars or law school.
- Skills and experience in negotiating, delegating, leadership, superior client service and relationship management skills required.
- A minimum of 8+ years of investment decision making and financial consulting experience working with HNW and UHNW families and individuals.
- The ideal candidate will bring an appropriate mix of financial services expertise, management and business development experience.
- This individual will have held positions of increasing responsibility with an established and prestigious financial services firm, most likely in a wealth management, private banking and/or trust field.
- Undergraduate degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or equivalent preferred as well as hold appropriate credentials such as CPA, CFP and or CFA designation.
- A graduate degree such as MBA or JD preferred.
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:
Learn more about this role