Improve the performance of critical forecasting models to ensure that GRA can meet the increased demands of 2020 and 2021 regulatory deliverables without unnecessary increase in hardware costs.
• Key position within a small and highly skilled team which is responsible for designing and subsequently managing the GRA Core Engineering Platform (GCP)
• Directly responsible for setting and enforcing the “rules of the road” for platform users; and the overall management of the platform’s the compute and storage resources
• Create the standards and protocols for all platform users, including acceptance criteria for new joiners
• Design a centralized control framework that ensures the platform is appropriately governed
• Generate the tools and reports required to fully realize compute and storage efficiencies
• Responsible for the effective and efficient day-to-day running of the platform – overseeing membership, applying the control framework, prioritizing compute and storage usage, etc.
• The position is largely autonomous, working directly for the Platform Architect and operating as an individual contributor
• The role requires interaction with a diverse range of business partners across multiple organizations within the Bank
• The platform is designed to adopt models from across Bank, including Wholesale, Consumer, etc.
• Masters' Degree (PhD preferred) in quantitative subject (Physics, math, computer science) and 2+ years of industry experience.
• Prior roles within Technology or Quantitative Groups
• Experience with designing and operating large-scale, flexible architectures
• Proficient in High Performance Computing and process optimization
• Detailed understanding of how to oversee and control the day-to-day running of a major platform
Shift:1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:40
Learn more about this role