As part of the Wholesale Credit structure, the Sr. Credit Officer effectively executes broad credit risk management responsibilities within the Nobramex region.
- Primary account responsibility for a complex portfolio of Large Clients in the NoBraMex region across diverse industries (e.g. Financial Institutions, Sovereigns, Metals & Mining, Oil & Gas, Retail, Construction Materials, Utilities);
- Structure complex transactions and negotiate complex documentation to mitigate risk appropriately;
- Solid communication and presentation skills; team player with a positive attitude;
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of the industries, countries and portfolio of clients to assess risk solutions that balance risk and return;
- Deep understanding of the Global Banking & Markets product spectrum;
- Develop and maintain strategic partnerships with Corporate Banking, Investment Banking, Global Markets and Treasury Management;
- High quality credit analysis with a focus on business rationale, key risks, sources of repayment, projections and returns & profitability;
- Independently assess, diligence and make justifiable credit recommendations;
- Establish appropriate internal risk ratings for clients and implement accurate adjustments throughout the clients’ credit life cycle;
- Participate in strategic projects to support business goals;
- Indirect management and development responsibilities for Analysts and Associates on the team;
- Responsible for driving portfolio asset quality and speed to market.
Core skills and requirements
- 6 - 10 years experience in commercial and/or corporate lending environment, with understanding of loans, trading & treasury products;
- Able to soundly manage the portfolio and justify rationale for recommended transactions;
- Must have ability to manage the most complex transactions, possess strong credit skills and transaction experience, and demonstrate the ability to work with senior officers, business partners, and clients;
- Must be able to independently lead diligence efforts, make approval recommendations, negotiate loan documentation and execute timely closings;
- Requires effective communication style and ability to manage multiple priorities - must be a team player;
- Fluent in English and Spanish;
- Strong analytical and technical skills, including financial accounting and projection of main financial statements;
- Solid knowledge of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Learn more about this role