At Bank of America, we handle the finances of over 67 million client relationships every day, including helping them save, borrow and invest for today and for their future. We stand by our clients each and every day giving them the power to realize their personal financial goals and help make their financial lives better. If you join our team, you’ll be counted on to care for, advise and guide our clients when they need us most – whether they’re just starting out, buying a home, building a family or planning for retirement.
We’re looking for the next generation of Relationship Administrators - those with a passion for growing a long-term career, building relationships and working with a team of client professionals in one of over 4,000 locations nationwide. The Relationship Administrator I role is meant for those looking to make a real impact and build a career in financial services. The role is ideal for those with a passion for assisting clients manage their budget, distribute funds and ensure sufficient assets are in place. As a Relationship Administrator I, you’ll deliver a personalized, caring experience for our practice solutions’ clients, solve complex problems and mitigate risk while getting to know our clients and understand their life priorities.
From day one, you’ll receive training from our award-winning Academy at Bank of America, including hands-on practice, personalized coaching and dedicated support throughout your on-boarding experience. With demonstrated success, you’ll have the opportunity to advance into roles as a Relationship Administrator II, Relationship Account Officer or Approval Officer – with unlimited opportunity to grow throughout the company. The Academy will support you with dedicated programs, tools and resources throughout your career journey.
We’ll help you
• Build a successful career at Bank of America through world-class training and on-boarding programs that set you up for success.
• Grow in your current role through one-on-one coaching from Academy managers who are invested in your success and training programs that help you excel, build new skills or take on additional responsibility.
• Continuously learn and advance your career goals through intentional career paths to the next best role.
• Provide clients with a personalized rewarding experience that starts with providing accurate information as well as understanding each client’s unique needs.
• Process transactions accurately and efficiently to build client confidence and trust, based on established policies and procedures.
As a Relationship Administrator I, you can look forward to
• Ongoing professional development to deepen your skills and optimize your expertise as the industry evolves and changes.
• Resources and dedicated support to help you reach your full potential throughout your career.
• A benefits programs designed to meet the diverse needs of our employees at every stage of their life and help them plan for tomorrow.
• Progressive workplace practices and initiatives that promote inclusion.
We’re a culture that
• Believes in responsible growth and has a proven dedication to supporting the communities we serve.
• Provides continuous training and developmental opportunities to help people achieve their goals, whatever their background or experience.
• Believes diversity makes us stronger, so we can reflect, connect to and meet the diverse needs of our clients and customers around the world.
• Is committed to advancing our tools, technology, and ways of working. We always put our clients first to meet their evolving needs.
• Communicates effectively and confidently and is comfortable engaging all clients while demonstrating efficient problem solving skills.
• Has the ability to manage a large portfolio of loans and tasks requiring excellent time management capabilities.
• Is an enthusiastic, highly motivated self-starter with a strong work ethic and intense focus on results, acting in the best interest of the client.
• Collaborates effectively to get things done, building and nurturing strong relationships.
• Displays passion, commitment and drive to deliver an experience that improves our clients’ financial lives.
• Has the ability to learn and adapt to new information and technology platforms.
• Will follow established processes and guidelines in daily activities to do what is right for clients and the bank, adhering to all applicable laws and regulations.
• Three or more years of previous real estate paralegal experience.
• Proficient computer skills including Windows, Excel, Word and Outlook.
• Experience in financial services and knowledge of financial services industry, products and solutions.
• Experience working in an environment with individual and team goals where goals were routinely met or exceeded.
• Bachelor’s degree.
Shift:1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:40
Learn more about this role