Muni Finance Group supports the Municipal Markets and Banking business and are responsible for the control infrastructure for the broad arrange of products they trade (Municipal bonds, Securitizations, TRSwaps, Muni Credit Derivs and IR Derivatives). The team is responsible for the overall End to End daily, monthly and quarterly financial reporting. This includes substantiating balance sheet through the Valuation controls such as Independent Price Verification.
- Maintain a strong focus on controls
- Provide independent analysis for for various trading desks within the Municipal Banking and Markets Division covering products across both liquid and illiquid as well as structured securities and derivative interest rate and credit products
- Complete monthly and quarterly reporting with associated documentation as it relates to Independent Price Verification process
- Provide technical expertise to analyze the valuation of products and help build add’l tools to improve independent analyis
- Work Closely with Front Office, Trade Support, Technology, Market Risk, and other teams across CFO around the full End to End process for each part of the business
- Ensure that the Control Framework is in place for processes, identify control gaps and implement enhancements.
- Embrace and proactively drive change. Need to be able to identify flaws in the current processes, originate new ideas of how we can better support our Businesses and implement them.
- Liaise with many different groups across the organization and globe.
- Ad hoc projects and other various Finance initiatives to streamline daily processing and increase controls.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Previous exposure to CFO and specifically valuation control processes across Securities and Derivatives with associated fixed income products, preferably Credit.
- Strong problem solving and project management skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and strong organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Team Player: must demonstrate a “can-do” attitude necessary to create good relationships with traders, management, other business partners and the Bank’s customers.
- Strong understanding of fixed income products or structured products
- Strong Excel skills. VBA and/or SQL skills a plus.
- Must be able to fully understand the impact of current and future IT developments on existing End to End CFO processes and play a role in their implementation.
- Should be able to see the big picture, identify non-optimal processes, propose solutions and implement them within timelines and cost constraints.
- Ensures effective planning and execution of client deliverables on a timely basis
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:
Learn more about this role