Overview (Bank overview, GBS India overview, Function Overview)*
Bank of America is one of the world’s leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small and middle-market businesses and large corporations with a full range of banking, investing, asset management and other financial and risk management products and services.
We are committed to attracting and retaining top talent across the globe to ensure our continued success. Along with taking care of our customers, we want to be the best place for people to work and aim at creating a work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals.
We are a part of the Global Business Services which delivers technology and operations capabilities to all Bank of America lines of business (LOB) and enterprise functions.
Our employees help our customers and clients at every stage of their financial lives, helping them connect to what matters most. This purpose defines and unites us. Every day, we are focused on delivering value, convenience, expertise and innovation for individuals, businesses and institutional investors we serve worldwide.
* BA Continuum is a nonbank subsidiary of Bank of America, part of Global Business Services in the bank.
The FAKC (Finance and Accounting Knowledge Centre) Global Financial Control India is part of the CFO Global Delivery strategy to provide offshore delivery to Line of Business and Enterprise Finance functions. The capabilities hosted include General Accounting & Reconciliations, Legal Entity Controllership, Management Reporting & Analysis, Finance Systems Support, Operational Risk and Controls, Regulatory Reporting and Strategic initiatives.
The role involves accounting, month end close, regulatory reporting and US fed reporting support for LEC. The individual will be part of a team responsible for the legal entity control activities, including external reporting, management of financial close, supporting certain aspects of regulatory reporting, driving change and operational excellence
LEC Tax SM position includes, but is not limited to the following responsibilities:
• Calculation of VAT/VAT reverse charge for respective geography and based entities
• Providing calculations and all relevant supporting documents to EY to aid VAT return filing
• Liaising with relevant controllers and responding to queries from EY and tax team
• Preparation and posting of VAT / tax accrual and other related journals at month end
• Perform assigned month-end close responsibilities
• Analyze monthly financial results and prepare internal management reports
• Prepare data submissions for regulatory reporting groups
• Assist with the preparation of stand-alone external reports
• Analyze and understand legal entity general ledger balances
• Support the resolution and forecasting processes
• Identify and escalate control issues, errors and efficiency opportunities
• Support ad hoc projects
Certifications If Any
Minimum 10 years of post-qualification experience in Controllership - Finance, Accounting and Regulatory reporting preferably in Banking Industry
• Legal entity control and reporting experience in a financial services business preferably in banking industry
• Good understanding of line of businesses in banking
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills are necessary as the position requires global correspondence and communication with associates throughout the Bank of America footprint
• Driven to learn and develop new skills
• Dynamic, high energy, solid work ethic, willing to take on new initiatives
• Self-motivated and independent having a control mindset
• Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and deliver as well as being able to adapt to changes
• Able to work in a fast paced, deadline oriented environment
• Able to excel and influence in a cross-functional team structure
• Proficient in the use of Excel, Word and MS Access
• Exposure to Emerging technologies like Alteryx, Tableau, UiPath, etc
• Oracle/SAP experiences are preferred
11:30 AM to 08:30 PM (may require stretch during close period)
Mumbai & Gurugram
Learn more about this role