Bank of America Global Leasing is the largest U.S. equipment financing company, serving over 65,000 clients worldwide. We have $69 billion in total assets, and have a significant global presence, with nearly 1,000 associates. Together with our affiliated companies*, we provide equipment financing solutions to small businesses, middle-market and large corporations, offering product expertise in government financing and wholesale vendor financing, as well as tailored programs specific to industry segments, including aviation, healthcare, energy services and renewable energy.
*Certain products are offered through Banc of America Public Capital Corp, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Bank of America N.A.
This position is responsible for the collection management of various Vendor portfolios within the Global Vendor Finance group. This includes both early and advanced stage collections such as legal and bankruptcy matters, complex account reconciliations, and negotiating and resolving administrative barriers on large, multifaceted transactions.
- Maintain asset quality by reducing the overall delinquencies through the use of sound, effective, and pro-active, commercial collection techniques
- Resolution of complex issues impacting delinquencies, using research, reconciliation and analytical skills
- Become a Subject Matter Expert for the team on litigation, bankruptcy and large, complex delinquencies. Assist/guide other team members in designing and executing proactive collection strategies.
Responsibilities to include the following:
- Work within a Team of Leasing professionals supporting the Banc of America Leasing platform
- Ensure that all assigned accounts are thoroughly worked which includes prompt and consistent contact and follow-up by way of phone calls and email
- Meet all departmental goals, including overall and individual delinquency targets
- Meet collection targets set for late payment interest income
- Early identification of contracts that warrant further collection efforts to minimize loss
- Prompt notification and escalation of all potential issues to management
- Provide all customers with professional and courteous service
- Resolve accounts and work with customers to maintain a current payment status by assisting with invoicing concerns, general inquiries, and account reconciliation
- Employ excellent verbal communication skills, including listening, probing and negotiating with customers to create a sense of obligation/urgency to resolve delinquency
- Maintain an excellent rapport with Vendors, Credit, Operations and Relationship Management personnel
- Monitor adherence to various regulatory, legal and company prescribed procedures and internal controls by conducting operational audits and reviews related to bankruptcy/legal portfolios
- Maintain various department databases
The position is posted at the Band 5 level; however, depending upon the skill set/experience of the candidate, the role could be filled at the Band 6 level.
Undergraduate degree in business (finance or accounting preferred)
Preferred Prior Work Experience:
Collections professional with 8-10 years of commercial collection experience. Should have basic understanding of commercial equipment leasing. Should have experience managing litigation and bankruptcy matters.
- Proven collection and negotiation skills
- Comprehensive commercial collections knowledge including managing litigation and bankruptcy matters
- Customer service focus with exceptional attention to detail
- Strong analytical, organizational, and advanced problem-solving skills
- Extensive research experience and demonstrated skills related to complex billing problems and inquiries
- Extensive experience with account reconciliations and administrative obstacles common to large, commercial transactions
- Basic accounting knowledge
- Clear and articulate oral and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills, particularly with excel and report writing – comfortable leveraging all available technology/applications
- A self-starter requiring little supervision
- Results oriented, able to accomplish objectives in a specified timeframe
- Exhibit professional maturity, accountability, and strong interpersonal skills with external clients and peers
- Work effectively both as a team member and independently
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, and make recommendations
- Ability to prioritize work and multitask in a fast paced, demanding environment
- Minimal Travel - 10%
- Location – Troy, Atlanta, Tucker, Providence
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:
Learn more about this role