Overview of Global Risk Analytics
Bank of America Merrill Lynch has an opportunity for a Senior Quantitative Finance Analyst (B4) within our Global Risk Analytics (GRA) function. GRA is a sub-line of business within Global Risk Management (GRM). GRA is responsible for developing a consistent and coherent set of models and analytical tools for effective risk and capital measurement, management and reporting across Bank of America. GRA partners with the Lines of Business and Enterprise functions to ensure that its models and analytics address both internal and regulatory requirements, such as quarterly Enterprise Stress Testing (EST), the annual Comprehensive Capital Analysis and Review (CCAR), and the Current Expected Credit Losses (CECL) accounting standard. GRA models follow an iterative and ongoing development life cycle, as the bank responds to the changing nature of portfolios, economic conditions and emerging risks.In addition to model development, GRA conducts model implementation, data management, model execution and analysis, forecast administration, and model performance monitoring. GRA drives innovation, process improvement and automation across all of these activities.
Overview of the Team
Overview of Enterprise Risk Analytics
-As a part of Global Risk Analytics (GRA), Enterprise Risk Analytics (ERA) is responsible for the development of cross-business holistic analytical models and tools. ERA consists of the following teams:
• Economic Scenario Generation (ESG) provides consistent and granular scenario generation capabilities for economic and market variables that enable multiple “what-if” outcomes for government regulators and other business uses.
• Enterprise Portfolio Analytics (EPA) provides portfolio surveillance visualization tools, utilizing advanced analytics (artificial intelligence/machine learning/natural language processing), to provide decision making support around the credit cycle, geo-intelligence, and thematic “what-if” analyses. EPA’s tools also support Enterprise strategic risk appetite and limits decisions for the bank’s risk and capital frameworks.
• Concentration Risk provides capital estimates to support annual regulatory requirements and legal entity-level capital management using tools and techniques focused on identification, measurement, and mitigation of concentration risks across countries, regions, sectors, and industries.
• Enterprise Capital Risk Analytics manages model performance monitoring and capital model issue resolution.
• Compliance Modelling & Analytics supports Enterprise needs around Fair Lending and Global Financial Crimes Compliance.
• Central Quantitative Group (CQG) provides sophisticated quantitative solutions for ERA clients. The group often partners with other teams within and outside GRA to provide these solutions
Overview of the Role:
As a Senior Quantitative Finance Analyst on the Enterprise Risk Analytics team, your main responsibilities will involve:
• Applying quantitative methods to develop capabilities that meet line of business, risk management and regulatory requirements
• Maintaining and continuously enhancing capabilities over time to respond to the changing nature of portfolios, economic conditions and emerging risks
• Understanding and executing activities that form the end-to-end model development and use life cycle
• Clearly documenting and effectively communicating quantitative methods as part of ongoing engagement with key stakeholders, including the lines of business, risk managers, model validation, technology
Responsible for independently conducting quantitative analytics and complex modeling projects. Leads efforts in development of new models, analytic processes or system approaches. Creates documentation for all activities and may work with technology staff in design of any system to run models developed. Incumbents possess excellent quantitative/analytic skills and are able to influence strategic direction, as well as develop tactical plans.
Required Education, Skills, and Experience:
• Graduate degree in quantitative discipline (e.g. Mathematics, Economics, Engineering, Finance, Physics)
• 5+ years professional experience in model development, statistical work, data analytics or quantitative research or PhD
• Strong Programming skills e.g. R, Python, SAS, SQL or other languages
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strong communication skills and ability to effectively communicate quantitative topics to technical and non-technical audiences
• Ability to work in a highly controlled and audited environment
• Effective at prioritization, and time and project management
• Sees the broader picture and is able to identify new methods for doing things
• Strategic thinker that can understand complex business challenges and potential solutions
Desired Skills and Experience:
• Experience using data mining and other advanced analytical techniques to aggregate data for model development and/or to produce management reporting
• Experience designing, developing, and applying scalable Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence solutions
• Experience with data analytics and visualization tools (e.g., Alteryx, Tableau, MicroStrategy)
• Experience with LaTeX
• Demonstrated ability to drive action and sustain momentum to achieve results
• Identifies, assigns, and manages project tasks and timelines across teams
• Experience with engineering complex, multifaceted processes that span across teams; Able to document process steps, inputs, outputs, requirements, identify gaps and improve workflow
Shift:1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:40
Learn more about this role