The Data Center Facilities Engineer is responsible for the design and operational governance of the electrical systems and cooling systems in our data centers.
This role provides:
- Direct oversight of Facility Partner adherence, execution and processes and maintains critical infrastructure support.
- Reviews and concurs in change control processes in critical environments.
- Manages compliance processes for Global Data Centers and Critical Facilities in region.
- Directly responsible for ensuring 100% uptime of critical assets.
- Provides technical recovery support in the event of critical building environmental outages and initial incident escalation and subsequent follow-up to closure.
- Develops, reviews, and approves Critical Work Processes, ensuring all records and compliance documentation are maintained and up to date.
- Oversees all change records related to Mechanical and Electrical vendors supporting data center infrastructure products and services.
- Identifies maintenance objectives and develop preventive, predictive and corrective maintenance procedures.
- Supervises operation and maintenance of all critical environment-building systems.
- Effectively communicates risk, identification, escalation and remediation policies and standards
Required Job Skills:
- Ability to describe and explain theory, implementation, operation, maintenance, and commissioning relative to:
- Electrical Power Distribution, medium and low voltage.
- Emergency Power Systems, Generators
- Electrical standby systems, UPS, DRUPS, etc.
- Electrical drawings, single lines, three lines, control drawings, logic diagrams, etc.
- P&ID drawings
- Smart Relays
- Ability to describe and explain basics, operation, maintenance, and commissioning.
- Mechanical systems, chillers, oil polishing, adiabatic cooling, CRAC, CRAH, thermal storage.
- Mechanical drawings, piping diagrams, floor plans, elevations, etc
- Education or previous experience in the following Analysis areas:
- Single point of failure
- Risk assessment
- Redundancy levels
- Capacity levels, including failover
- Load flow
- Ability to work in a 24x7 on call environment
- Ability to travel domestically up to 10% of the time
Desired Job Skills:
- Electrical/Mechanical commissioning
- NETA Testing
- Coordination/Short circuit/Arc Flash studies
- Electrical Troubleshooting
- Medium voltage distribution
Core Technology Infrastructure Organization:
- Believes diversity makes us stronger so we can reflect, connect and meet the diverse needs of our clients and employees around the world
- Is committed to building a workplace where every employee is welcomed and given the support and resources to perform their jobs successfully
- Wants to be a great place for people to work and strives to create an environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals.
- Provides continuous training and development opportunities to help employees achieve their career goals, whatever their background or experience.
- Is committed to advancing our tools, technology, and ways of working to better serve our clients and their evolving business needs.
- Believes in responsible growth and is dedicated to supporting our communities by connecting them to the lending, investing and giving them what they need to remain vibrant and vital.
LOB Job Profile:
Oversee critical infrastructure design, equipment preventative/corrective maintenance and facility partner engineering and operations. Review and concur in Corporate Real Estate change control processes in critical environments. Provide recommendations in development, review and revision of infrastructure design standards. Manages compliance processes for site specific Global Data Centers Tier 3 and 4 Critical Facilities in region. Directly responsible for ensuring 100% uptime of the Bank's most critical assets. Provides technical recovery support in the event of critical building environmental outages and initial incident escalation and subsequent follow-up to closure. Interface with management in TI, T&I and CWES, in addition to Facility Partners to ensure proper use of scarce critical infrastructure. Typically has 5+ year of related experience.
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:
Learn more about this role