Bank of America Legal group seeks a qualified attorney to provide broad based legal support within its Global Banking and Markets (GBAM) division. This attorney will provide legal support to Equity and Debt Capital Markets and M&A businesses in Latin America. With leading market share in Brazil and increasing deal flow in the LatAm region.
- Provide senior level legal support for investment banking franchise in Latin America. Primarily focused on providing bankers with advice with respect to complex legal issues and other matters impacting M&A advisory, Equity and Debt Capital Markets.
- Specific responsibilities include:
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating various agreements, consents and waivers (including M&A engagement letters, valuation reports, fairness opinions, confidentiality agreements);
- Advising and assisting in the identification, escalation and resolution of potential conflicts and reputational issues;
- Advising and assisting in the recommendation, implementation and maintenance of policies, procedures and protocols for supported business groups;
- Advising on select regulatory issues;
- Coordinating with and managing outside counsel;
- Providing training in selected areas.
Core skills and requirements
- 6+ years or relevant experience, including substantial experience with Latin American M&A and Capital Markets transactions;
- Admitted to OAB in good standing;
- Admitted to NY BAR in good standing;
- Knowledge of general principles of international law;
- Excellent communications skills, both written and oral, and meticulous attention to detail;
- Ability to collaborate and partner in a team-oriented environment and to navigate and coordinate across the Legal Department and global matrix environment;
- Proficient in English, Spanish and Portuguese.
Learn more about this role