This position will provide design and development support in a Java environment, primarily supporting Consumer Credit Card collateral processing. Position will support project work as assigned, midrange development support for required NPT upgrades, etc, and mainframe modernization design and development support to migrate Cobol to Java. Position will be located in Addison where majority of team is currently located.
Responsible for developing and delivering complex software requirements to accomplish business goals. Ensures that software is developed to meet functional, non-functional, and compliance requirements. Codes solutions, unit tests, and ensures the solution can be integrated successfully into the overall application/system with clear, robust and well-tested interfaces. Familiar with development and testing practices of the bank. Contributes to story refinement/defining requirements. Participates and guides team in estimating work necessary to realize a story/requirement through the delivery lifecycle. Performs spike/proof of concept as necessary to mitigate risk or implement new ideas. Codes solutions and unit tests to deliver a requirement/story per the defined acceptance criteria and compliance requirements Utilizes multiple architectural components (across data, application, business) in design and development of client requirements. Assists team with resolving technical complexities involved in realizing story work. Contributes to existing test suites (integration, regression, performance); Analyzes test reports, identifies any test issues/errors; Triages the underlying cause. Documents and communicates required information for deployment, maintenance, support, and business functionality. Participates, contributes and can coach team members in the delivery/release (CI-CD) events. e.g. branching timelines, pull requests, issue triage, merge/conflict resolution, release notes. Individual contributor.
- Design and development experience in modern technologies such as new security paradigms, API management, REST/API integration, Cloud Native Solutions, Containers, Micro services
- Ability to research and understand new technology solutions and present essential comparisons, pros/cons, and target use cases
- Knowledge and experience working in Agile Methodology with CI/CD, including Jira, Jenkins, Bitbucket, jFrog Artifactory
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent is required
- Software design and development experience in modern programming languages, in addition to Java/.NET
- Knowledge and experience with jQuery, Celestial, Fisheye, Apache, Autosys, DB/2, NDM (Connect:Direct)
- Some exposure to z/OS mainframe development environment
- Self-driven, innovative and pushes for high-quality measurable outcomes
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:
Learn more about this role