Equity Capital Markets originates a wide variety of equity solutions for our clients. When a client decides to raise capital in the public or private markets, Corporate and Investment bankers turn to the Equity Capital Markets team. Equity Capital Markets partners with the coverage team and advises clients on optimal methods to access capital, whether for acquisitions, general financing or strengthening of balance sheets.
Equity Capital Markets originates, structures, and executes worldwide equity, equity-linked and equity derivatives products on behalf of the firm’s global corporate and institutional client base. The equity product suite includes initial public offerings, rights offerings, accelerated placements, convertible bonds, hedging structures, margin loans and structured purchases/disposals.
- Manage Natural Resources origination efforts across Investment Banking
- Act as primary point of contact for clients and internal colleagues with respect to covered clients
- Lead capital-raising execution, including equity and convertible offerings as well as private capital raising
- Coordinate the development of client presentations, including pitch book, lender/investor presentations, internal commitment committee and capital approval memos, etc.; supervise the preparation and final work product
- Coordinate and build relationships with primary client teams as well as relevant client personnel across the enterprise; build relationships with product colleagues across the globe
- Develop junior resources in their work on various financial analyses and modeling, including capital structure analyses, company/industry research and peer benchmarking, among other exercises
- Lead client planning sessions and contribute regularly to regular group/product partner meetings
- Manage several projects at once and work effectively as a supervisor, as an individual and as a key member of a team
- Contribute to corporate banking-wide projects around client and employee engagement
- Work as a product specialist alongside Global Investment Banking teams to create and deliver financing solutions through equity, equity-linked and/or derivative products to the company’s clients
- Manage and develop direct resources and activities across the global franchise in order to deliver the Bank’s products and services to the client.
- Originate, build and manage senior client relationships on a day-to-day basis and provide a point of contact
- Lead groups of bankers that focus in Equity Capital Markets across the regions
- Demonstrate deep market knowledge of Equity Capital Markets apply this knowledge by generating beneficial ideas for clients, thinking strategically and forecasting client needs.
- Responsible for ensuring the Bank’s activities are conducted in a compliant and risk free manner.
- Build and manage senior client relationships on a day-to-day basis and provide a point of contact
- Deliver presentations and advice to clients
- Originate business and offer all the products the Bank can offer to each client.
- Demonstrate and maintain appropriate detailed sector, regional and technical knowledge
- BS/BA required; MBA preferred
- Experience in working on ECM transactions and track record of covering ECM
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Strong client relationships, marketing, presentation and sales skills are essential
- Demonstrable ability to understand financing needs and matching client needs with the most appropriate product / service
- Ability to effectively interact with and the ability to work and communicate effectively with the immediate team, product partners and ultimately bank clients
- Self-motivated, tenacious and able to work with high degree of independence
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously & working effectively as an individual & as part of a team
- Team-working, leadership and problem-solving skills, plus creativity are key qualities, as is the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, multi-task and interact with a variety of people all levels.
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:
Learn more about this role