At Bank of America, we’re guided by a common purpose to help make financial lives better by connecting clients and communities to the resources they need to be successful. Every day we provide unmatched convenience by serving approximately 66 million consumer and small business clients. At Bank of America, we strive to be a bank for everyone. Like the people we serve, we come from every walk of life. We are proud of our inclusive culture because when you create a workplace where all employees can thrive, everyone benefits.
As part of the Bank of America team, Small Business Specialists listen to our clients to understand which products and services are best suited for their unique needs while providing an exceptional client experience. Make a difference where it counts by joining our team at Bank of America. We’re seeking skilled sales professionals who can advise and advocate for our client’s most important financial needs. Small Business Specialist are sales professionals who work in a centralized phone based sales environment and understand that being there for our clients is our number one priority. What would you like the power to do?
Work Schedule Example(s): 1st Shift Mon-Friday 10am-7pm, 11am-8pm and 1130am-8p
You will be required to work from the primary work location listed when not in remote operating stance
As a Small Business Specialist, you can look forward to
• Working in a fast-paced, changing environment that requires accuracy, multi-tasking and communication in an efficient manner.
• Working in a collaborative environment with a team of professional Centralized Small Business Bankers and managers in a contact center.
• Listening to, understanding and providing needs-based financial solutions for our Small Business clients.
• Identifying and handling cross-sell opportunities.
• Serving as resident expert for Small Business products, services, and strategies through the telephone channel.
• Through inbound/outbound calls and the handling of referrals, acquiring and deepening Small Business client relationships with a focus on client experience
• Communicating with clients on the phone throughout the entire shift with structured breaks.
• Navigating multiple computer systems while interacting with the client.
• Incentive opportunities for meeting and/or exceeding critical performance standards.
• Opportunity for advancement with structured career development paths.
• World-class suite of benefits including tuition and child care reimbursement and employee discount programs.
We’ll help you
• Get training and on-the-job support from managers who are invested in your success. You’ll receive in-depth classroom training, including side-by side-live call handling and continued on-the-job training and coaching.
• Learn about core banking products and services we provide through Bank of America. Understand which products/services will work best for the client throughout the relationship and how to uncover their needs using best in class tools and resources.
• Provide education to clients. Inform and educate clients on products that are available and will benefit them to meet their needs.
You’re a person who (required skills)
• Displays passion, commitment and drive to deliver an experience that improves our clients’ financial lives
• Has a commitment to teamwork and the flexibility to work the schedule
• Has the ability to work effectively and efficiently and multi-task in a high call volume environment
• Has the ability to engage with clients, begin a conversation and seek to understand their needs while actively sharing options using plain language and building rapport
• Is comfortable receiving ongoing performance feedback and coaching
• Is comfortable with ongoing change and learning new technology/processes
• Has a minimum of two years of sales experience with cross-selling, upselling and/or referring products
• Has at least an intermediate level of proficiency with computers
• Is self-motivated and results-oriented with excellent organizational skills
• Has strong decision-making and problem-solving skills
You’ll be better prepared if you have (desired skills)
• Contact center experience
• Banking/financial services experience
• Telephone sales experience
We’re a culture that
• Is committed to building a workplace where every employee is welcomed and given the support and resources to build and advance their careers. Along with taking care of our clients, we want to be a great place for people to work, and we strive to create an environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals.
• Believes diversity makes us stronger so we can reflect, connect to and meet the diverse needs of our clients around the world.
• Provides continuous training and developmental opportunities to help employees achieve their goals, whatever their background or experience.
• Is committed to advancing our tools, technology and ways of working. We always put our clients first to meet their evolving needs.
• Believes in responsible growth and is dedicated to supporting communities around the world by connecting them to the lending, investing and giving they need to remain vibrant and vital.
Shift:1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:40
Learn more about this role
Set ‘Where the West Begins’, our office is walking distance to Sundance Square—a popular 35-block destination with colorful architecture and lots of shopping, entertainment and dining.