Overview (Bank overview, GBS India overview, Function Overview)*
Bank of America is one of the world’s leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small and middle-market businesses and large corporations with a full range of banking, investing, asset management and other financial and risk management products and services.
We are committed to attracting and retaining top talent across the globe to ensure our continued success. Along with taking care of our customers, we want to be the best place for people to work and aim at creating a work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals.
We are a part of the Global Business Services which delivers technology and operations capabilities to all Bank of America lines of business (LOB) and enterprise functions.
Our employees help our customers and clients at every stage of their financial lives, helping them connect to what matters most. This purpose defines and unites us. Every day, we are focused on delivering value, convenience, expertise and innovation for individuals, businesses and institutional investors we serve worldwide.
* BA Continuum is a nonbank subsidiary of Bank of America, part of Global Business Services in the bank.
The STR or Structured Trade Review Team is part of the Global Middle Office (GMO) Team. Structured Trade Review (STR) is a control process designed to reduce this risk for trades which are complex in form or booking, ensuring that trade economics are correctly captured and recorded in the systems according to the confirmation and term sheet
(Provide a high level overview of the role and scope of responsibilities)
Reconcile the trade bookings (in at-least one asset class) in the trade/risk booking systems with the documents (Confirmation, Pricing Supplement, Term Sheet) & ensure no discrepancies
Ensure trades are booked in appropriate valuation models (including MC Scripts) and the trade payoffs/ valuation parameters are correctly captured in the booking
Identify potential PnL breaks/ settlement breaks due to mis-booking, ensure the amendment of mis-booking & report MTM impact of amendments
Identify, Confirm & Report conservative valuation bookings (overhedges) & approximate bookings for trades
Identify issues and control gaps in existing infrastructure
Work with technology team to streamline our processes and enhance data integrity and control
• Intense work ethic with history of proven strong delivery
• Strong adaptability skills to to keep the focus on delivering for the business & client whilst minimizing time spent on low value additive activities
• Personal effectiveness: communication, decisiveness, energy & drive, character & works diligently to achieve success
• Strong technical skills to understand the products and business
• Strong analytical skills
• Knowledge or experience with trading products in capital markets: Knowledge of: Fixed Income, intuitive understanding of derivative Pricing, knowledge of Financial Risk Management
Post Graduation or an equivalent qualification (CFA, FRM or Any Finance related certifications)
Certifications If Any
CFA, FRM or Any Finance related certifications
5-7 years pf experience in a middle office support functions or operations function for OTC derivative products
11:30 to 20:30 Fixed shift
Learn more about this role