About Bank of America:
Our purpose as a firm is to make financial lives better, through the power of every connection. Across the world, we partner with leading corporate and institutional investors through our offices in more than 35 countries. In the U.S. alone, we serve almost all of the Fortune 500 companies and approximately 67 million consumer and small-business clients. We provide a full suite of financial products and services, from banking and investments to asset and risk management. We cover a broad range of asset classes, making us a global leader in corporate and investment banking, sales and trading.
Connecting Asia Pacific to the World
Our Asia Pacific team is spread across 19 cities in 12 markets. We are focused on connecting Asia to the world and the world to Asia, using our global expertise to ensure success is shared between us, our clients and our communities. Our regional footprint covers 12 currencies, more than a dozen languages and five time zones, placing us firmly among the region’s leading financial services companies.
You will be joining the Fixed Income Currencies and Commodities technology team, which has a proven track record of delivering critical low-latency front-office pricing / trading solutions to the FICC businesses. You will be working in the eFX technology team, helping to analyze, design, build and deploy multi-tier, high availability systems globally deployed systems.
The current team structure is global, spread over London, Singapore and the US. As a group, we communicate at all levels within the organization.
A long list of new features needs to be developed for the FX electronic trading business. Strong software engineering skills are required as this is role is not restricted to understanding the technology, but also the business requirements and architectural vision of the platforms. Knowledge of any of the following business areas encompassing FX Cash and FX Vanilla Options is desired. You need to be experienced working with an agile delivery model and be good at communicating with other developers both in EMEA and the US as part of a global team.
- You will be working in a business focused solutions based development team. You will be expected to play an active role in developing the platform and be able to articulate effectively with all stakeholders.
- As a skilled Core Java developer, you should be capable of taking existing production architecture and ambiguous/changing requirements into stride.
- You will come up with cohesive, intelligent and logical solutions to problems, which not only meet the immediate requirements of the global business, but also provide an avenue for further extension.
- Development is primarily Java based, with peripheral technologies including messaging middleware, Protocol Buffers, UNIX shell scripting, and KDB/Q. Your repertoire should include knowledge of client-server/distributed technologies.
- You will be working in the eFX technology team, helping to analyze, design, build and deploy multi-tier, low-latency and high availability systems globally.
- You will work with an agile delivery model and communicating with other developers both in EMEA and the US as part of a global team.
- Exceptional development skills in Core Java on Linux/UNIX
- Demonstrable experience designing distributed FX electronic-trading applications
- Deep knowledge of electronic FX market microstructure, matching rules, ECN interactions, order flow
- Knowledge or experience of agile development (e.g. XP, SCRUM, Kanban) and continuous integration
- Solid OO design skills with an emphasis on distributed low latency, high availability systems, including algorithmic execution engines, CEP, trade & order lifecycle management, pricing and risk management
- Experience working in a front office e-trading platform development team
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Possess an advanced degree in Computer Science, Physics, Engineering, Mathematics or relevant analytical degree.
- Strong multi-threading skills
- Strong understanding of algorithms and data structures
- Strong understanding of design patterns including why and where a pattern should be used
- Strong understanding of Messaging Middleware concepts, usage and application
- Experience with Google Guice framework
- Experience in TCP/IP networking and sockets programming
- Experience with JVM tuning and garbage collection algorithms
- Strong team player with excellent communication skills
- Solid knowledge of contemporary development processes, build environments and testing tools
- Experience in 3rd line production support.
- Comfortable in communicating with business users
- Business domain knowledge in FX and/or FX Options.
- Scripting experience (Shell, Python, Perl, Ruby etc.)
- Experience of working in Front office systems.
- Background in finance
Learn more about this role