• Independently provide timely and accurate prices in a range of AUD & NZD fixed income products.
• Efficiently manage risk and hedge client transactions.
• Identify value opportunities in the market and prepare trade recommendations.
• Work closely with trading & sales colleagues, economists & strategists, and various front office support functions.
• Provide analysis and commentary on market developments to salespeople and clients.
• Quickly comprehend news and data releases and infer the likely impact on a range of products.
The AUD & NZD trading desk provides pricing and execution during London market hours across a range of products including Australian Government and Semi-Government bonds, AUD & NZD Interest Rate Swaps, and AUD & NZD Cross currency swaps. The London desk works closely with the AUD & NZD Fixed Income team in Sydney to offer a full suite of services to a variety of wholesale clients, such as Central Banks, Real-Money Funds and Hedge Funds, and other corporate clients.
• Strong experience of pricing and risk management of a variety of AUD & NZD fixed income products.
• Strong technical background in excel, VBA, Bloomberg, Reuters and other relevant systems.
• Solid understanding of the Australian & New Zealand economies and financial markets.
• High quality numerical & analytical skills and exceptional attention to detail.
• Able to demonstrate previous experience managing a sizable trading book
Learn more about this role
We’re a stone’s throw from the London Stock Exchange and the iconic St. Paul’s Cathedral and a short walk to the artsy scene and trendy gastropubs in Shoreditch.