A Wealth Strategist in Wealth Planning Solutions (WPS) assists a client with estate and financial planning by performing a variety of analyses, creating specific recommendations for the client based on those analyses and integrating those recommendations into a holistic plan designed to achieve the client’s goals. In addition, the Wealth Strategist plays a key role in driving increased revenues by partnering with Private Client Advisors/Private Client Managers/Trust Officers/Portfolio Managers on client/prospect calls, and with regional and market leadership to develop client-focused initiatives.
•Oversees the planning engagement from start to finish
•Develops holistic, integrated planning strategies, with a focus on how GWIM can implement those strategies for our clients
•Delegates effectively to Associate Strategists and Analysts
•Gathers data, runs analyses and develops solutions based on analyses
•Creates final version of client letter
•Assists in developing and executing marketing and sales efforts, including speaking at seminars and writing articles for publication
•Proactively helps the Regional Presidents and Market Executives meet their goals
•Participates actively in developing new WPS capabilities, such as white papers and software tools
•Keeps current with major developments in estate and financial planning
•Mentors Associate Strategists and Analysts
- Gain client's respect and trust by listening to the client's goals and then building an effective and creative strategy for achieving those goals.
- Advanced understanding of a wide range of subject matters including income taxation, stock options, insurance, investments and cash flow modeling.
- Advanced understanding of the transfer tax system and core tax savings strategies such as annual gifts and GST trusts.
- Advanced understanding of charitable and non-charitable split interest trusts (CRTs, CLTS, GRATs, QPRTs).
- Expand existing client relationships, assist advisors in new sales, and represent the firm in the marketplace.
- Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Various WPS stochastic models. WealthMaster.
- Delegate effectively to Associate Strategists and Analysts.
- Occasionally work on WPS-wide issues
- Minimum eight years of planning-related work experience required
- JD, CPA, CFA or CFP required
- MST, MBA (or progress thereto) a plus
Shift:1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:40
Learn more about this role