The Equities Compliance and Operational Risk (C&OR) Manager is responsible for engaging in activities to provide independent compliance and operational risk oversight of the Stock Loan Front Line Unit (FLU) in alignment with the Global Compliance Enterprise Policy, the Operational Risk Enterprise Policy (collectively “the Policies”) and the Compliance and Operational Risk Management (“CORM”) Program and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). As a member of the Equities C&OR officer team, the C&OR Manager demonstrates and applies business acumen to promote a culture of risk management and supports the identification, escalation, and timely mitigation of compliance and operational risks. This role exercises judgment and influence and may constructively challenge FLU and CF leaders to support the CORM Program objectives, balancing business strategy with appropriate controls.
The C&OR Manager contributes to the requirements in the GCOR Policy aligned to compliance and operational risk officers, including but not limited to the following activities related to Stock Loan:
• Proactively engages other C&OR officers, Enterprise Areas of Coverage (EAC) roles, and horizontal function roles to provide comprehensive oversight of FLU activities.
• Owns and updates the relevant C&OR Policies, including the Buy Ins Policy and Reg SHO Policy, working with the relevant stakeholders to update regularly.
• Provides guidance to the FLU on Reg SHO requirements, such as order marking, close out actions, allocations, buy-ins, among other areas.
• Reviews and responds to regulatory inquiries.
• Leads certain daily pre-opening processes, including reviewing daily allocation reports, monitoring for issues, among other tasks.
• Takes an active leadership role in maintaining and communicating regulatory changes, advising and directing business leaders to ensure that regulatory requirements are addressed in their respective processes and controls so that their day-to-day activities operate in a compliant manner.
• Conducts targeted and risk assessments of the Stock Loan FLU, incorporating review of external loss events to assess control effectiveness.
• Provides independent review and challenge of the FLU’s Risk & Control Self-Assessment (RCSA).
• Leads the efforts and/or contributes to monitoring and testing coverage plans and related metrics.
• Monitors and tests the effectiveness of the FLU compliance and operational risk controls.
• Identifies, aggregates, reports, and escalates compliance and operational risks, issues and control enhancements.
• Executes and/or provides oversight of governance and management routines.
• Identifies compliance and operational risk training needs and provides subject matter expertise to support development of training curriculum.
• Provides consultation to business leaders in preparation for regulatory exams and audits.
• Inspects that commitments made regarding actions in response to Matters Requiring Attention (“MRAs”) and other actions are completed.
• Escalates regulatory-related concerns and other issues to the C&OR Executive
The Compliance and Operational Risk Manager plans, drives and reviews team deliverables to support consistent quality of activities, processes and outputs. This role may contribute as a manager responsible for providing leadership direction to attract, assess, develop, motivate and retain a team, or may act as an individual contributor.
• 8+ years working in Stock Loan, Equities, or relevant risk management experience
• Experience covering Stock Loan / Reg SHO or similar business and has familiarity with the tools, services, marketing and other offerings of such business
• Knowledge of equities market structure
• Understanding of trade processing systems, technology, and /or infrastructure
• Risk management skills / experience
• Has knowledge of laws, rules, and regulations applicable to Stock Loan
• Has experience building or having input into the creation of surveillance reports and testing models
• Has first-hand experience in the area of risk assessment and policy creation for Stock Loan or a similar business
• Detail-oriented and ability to work in a fast-paced environment and under pressure
• Is able to independently lead projects and drive change with senior business and Risk Management teams
• Financial Services or similarly regulated sector
Shift:1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:40
Learn more about this role
Located in midtown Manhattan, we’re right across from Bryant Park and a short walk to Times Square, Broadway theaters, Grand Central Station, excellent shops and world-class restaurants.