Our purpose as a firm is to make financial lives better, through the power of every connection. Across the world, we partner with leading corporate and institutional investors through our offices in more than 40 countries. In the U.S alone, we serve almost all Fortune 500 companies and approximately 59 million consumers and small-business customers. We provide a full suite of financial products and services, from banking and investments to asset and risk management. We cover a broad range of asset classes, making us a global leader in corporate and investment banking, sales and trading.
Connecting Asia Pacific to the World
Our Asia Pacific team is spread across 23 offices in 12 markets. We are focused on connecting Asia to the world and the world to Asia, using our global expertise to ensure success is shared between us, our clients and our communities. Our regional footprint covers 12 currencies, more than a dozen languages and five time zones, placing us firmly among the region’s leading financial services companies.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch is committed to attracting, recruiting and retaining top diverse talent from across the globe. Our diversity and inclusion mission is to actively promote an inclusive work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve personal success and contribute to the growth of our business. Each of our global Employee Networks bring together employees, create dialogue and awareness in support of our Diversity and Inclusion mission.
Bank of America is one of the world's largest financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small and middle market businesses and large corporations with a full range of banking, investing, asset management and other financial and risk-management products and services. The company provides unmatched convenience in the United States, serving more than 59 million consumer and small business relationships with more than 6,100 retail banking offices, nearly 18,700 ATMs and award-winning online banking with nearly 29 million active users. Following the acquisition of Merrill Lynch on January 1, 2009, Bank of America is a global leader in corporate and investment banking and trading across a broad range of asset classes serving corporations, governments, institutions and individuals around the world. Bank of America offers industry-leading support to more than 4 million small business owners through a suite of innovative, easy-to-use online products and services. The company serves clients in more than 150 countries. Bank of America Corporation stock is a component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average and is listed on the New York Stock Exchange.
• Assist senior strategist with his holistic research combining yen and non-yen views.
• Undertake research and monitoring on the Japan rates market in qualitative and quantitative ways.
• You will be primarily involved with conducting and publishing written research on Japan rates market, including but not limited to bonds, swaps and futures, as well as producing interest rate forecasts and trade recommendations.
• You will also follow oversea rates markets and economics, and support to publish non-yen rates market reports in Japanese.
• The role requires logical thinking, writing and quantitative skills.
• You will report to a senior strategist covering yen and non-yen research, but this role requires independent thinking, analytical skills, and high level of responsibility in JGB research.
• Excellent academic record with an Undergraduate degree (Master’s Degree or PhD is a plus but not required).
• Skills of quantitative analysis are required.
• Native-level fluency in Japanese speaking and writing and business level in English writing.
• At least a few years of work experience in a fixed income related role, ideally JGB research.
Learn more about this role
We’re in the heart of Tokyo and the “center of Japan”, a stone’s throw from Nihonbashi Bridge, the Tokyo Stock Exchange and historic temples.