The Global Risk Management (GRM) Data Management Office (DMO) supports the execution of Risk's data management strategy, planning and reporting. The GRM DMO provides oversight and reporting of adherence to Data and Records policy and standards. Lastly it supports regulatory, enterprise, Audit and Operational Risk programs and issues.
- Support Risk Data Management Executive (DME) accountabilities and collaborate with other DMEs and Risk Area Data Steward Executives (DSE).
- Expand and improve data management metrics and reporting to allow the Chief Risk Officer (CRO), Risk DME and Risk Executives to monitor / measure progress, prioritize / fund activities, support issues and address key data management questions including:
- What are the GRM data issues / risks for ALL data assets (reports, models, applications and spreadsheets)?
- What are the plans to resolve the issues / risks and when will they be remediated?
- What is the current status of data quality and ADS adoption and what are the planned improvements?
- Support DME accountabilities including but not limited to: Data / Records Management adherence reporting, oversight & escalation, FRY14 and RDA attestations/assessments, Risk leadership team updates, reporting for Risk ID, RCSA & QBR, strengthening GRM data support roles, and supporting regulatory, enterprise Audit and Compliance programs and mandates.
- Learn and provide reporting and transparency on Risk area & GRM area data management processes, assets, performance, issues, risks, projects and activities.
- Influence and collaborate with Risk teams to define individual data strategies, plans and activities. Become a trusted advisor to the Risk area data teams.
- Influence and collaborate with Risk teams to define and develop Risk Area (e.g. Credit Risk, Market Risk) & GRM reporting and metrics (ADS adoption, Data Quality, Issue Management, Adherence) to monitor and measure multi-year data management efforts.
- Support the tracking and remediation of data incidents / issues and drive best practices across GRM and Risk, Finance and Treasury.
- Conducting and leading GRM DMO meetings and representing GRM DMO and DME in various data management forums.
Required: Business & Technical Experience / Skills:
- Expert level using MS office including Excel, SharePoint, PowerPoint
- 3-5 years of Risk Management (e.g. Credit, Market, Operational) and/or Data Management experience.
- 3-5 years program management experience working on enterprise (e.g. BCBS239, Basel, CCAR), Risk (e.g. Risk Appetite, Forecasting, AML, CECL) or Data (e.g. EDM, EDA) programs.
- 3-5 years experience developing program management status reporting (e.g. data adherence, ads development) and operational metrics (e.g. issues, data quality, process performance, ads adoption).
- 3-5 data analysis and reporting experience.
- 3-5 years experience with query/program languages (SQL, Toad, Python, SAS).
- 2-3 years experience defining, developing and implementing business processes.
- 2-3 years Business Intelligence tools (e.g. Tableau, MicroStrategy). BI tool development a plus.
- Data wrangling (Alteryx), metadata (Callibra) and issue management tools (eDIM, Jira) a plus
- Strong data analysis skills and ability to draw conclusions from many disparate data sources and support finding with facts.
- Excellent relationship and collaboration skills and an ability to work with many different groups (EDSG and EDA teams, Technology) and management levels (e.g. DSEs, Risk teams, Executives)
- Ability to influence and obtain consensus on decisions and actions to be taken.
- Excellent written and verbal skills including ability to conduct meetings and provide Executive presentations.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills and ability to work independently but keep management team up to date.
- Adaptability to changing regulatory, business and enterprise priorities while progressing team and individual priorities and objectives.
Enterprise role overview:
Manage a group or process(potentially global). Work with business data users to define the use of data within risk systems. Recommend remediation of control gaps and implements effective risk controls of our data processes and systems. Participate in and lead user acceptance testing of data control processes. Understand existing risk systems, data flows, and infrastructure to identify gaps between business usage of data and current implementations. Recommend alternate data sources and processes to improve the control environment. Lead cross functional strategic efforts to remediate data quality issues. Proactively monitor and remediate incoming data used in risk measurement and reporting. Ensure the completeness, validity, and accuracy of data on a daily basis. Work with other groups as needed, including Middle Office, Sales and Trading, Technology, Compliance, Operational Risk, and Enterprise Capital Management to ensure effective controls over data for GMRM.
Shift:1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:40
Learn more about this role