About Bank of America:
Our purpose as a firm is to make financial lives better, through the power of every connection. Across the world, we partner with leading corporate and institutional investors through our offices in more than 35 countries. In the U.S. alone, we serve almost all of the Fortune 500 companies and approximately 67 million consumer and small-business clients. We provide a full suite of financial products and services, from banking and investments to asset and risk management. We cover a broad range of asset classes, making us a global leader in corporate and investment banking, sales and trading.
Connecting Asia Pacific to the World
Our Asia Pacific team is spread across 19 cities in 12 markets. We are focused on connecting Asia to the world and the world to Asia, using our global expertise to ensure success is shared between us, our clients and our communities. Our regional footprint covers 12 currencies, more than a dozen languages and five time zones, placing us firmly among the region’s leading financial services companies.
Background: Global Information Security helps to assess threats and set priorities, and to create flexible programs to actively manage specific risks to the Bank. Information security is an integral part of GIS and responsible for conducting security assessments and advice in order to mitigate various forms of threat including security breaches, intellectual property theft, insider trading, harassment, fraud and avoidance of security controls. The GIS team provides these services in the International space to internal client groups – as part of a Global team that spans multiple time zones.
The Office of the Chief Operating Officer is at the centre of delivering GIS’ mission in region in an efficient and effective way. The Business Support Manager reports to the COO and works with the broader team, the GIS Senior Leadership team and global stakeholders on a variety of core deliverables.
Information Security Communication Management
- Develop the strategy, goals, and objectives for GIS including the information security training, education, and awareness program in the region
- Serve as an internal consultant and advisor in building executive communications and materials
- Maintain a long-term strategy while addressing current risks
- Drive program towards maturity by building structure to drive culture change and behaviors over time
- Ensure that our information security awareness program communicates the Bank’s security policies and requirements so that people know, understand, and can follow them
- Promote engaging activities to reinforce behaviors, and help guide audiences to a central repository for security guidance and references
- Coordinate the tailoring of information security messaging to policy and compliance objectives as required in the region
- Evaluate the effectiveness of existing information security training, education, and awareness program/activities
- Create a metrics framework that can effectively measure engagement, behaviors, and impact
Information Security Business Management
- Drive the Information Security monthly business review in coordination with the COO and SLT stakeholders to ensure transparency of key business metrics
- Manage the resource administration pipeline, including headcount forecasting, communication of headcount needs with global stakeholders and ensure smooth on- and off boarding of resources
- Manage overall departmental finances, budgeting and forecasting with the regional SLT as well as regional and global stakeholders. Create appropriate metrics to ensure financial transparency and rigor is applied.
- Support the COO in the development and refinement of the overall GIS business strategy, ensuring the right financial and workforce resources are aligned to business enablement and protection needs and that staff is adequately trained to fulfill the GIS mission.
- Participate in global and regional operational improvement initiatives and take leadership on defined deliverables or work streams.
- Applies a basic knowledge of information security and risk mitigation principles, theories, and techniques in daily work
- Demonstrates understanding and use of basic project management methodologies, including the ability to plan, manage and maintain a complex, organization wide program over the longer term.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with all levels within the organization, including both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Independently writes well-structured and persuasive end products.
- Crafts messages to match capability of the audience. (Ability to contextualize technical content for executive audiences)
- Highly organized and able to multi-task and manage concurrent deadlines.
- Ability to effectively contribute to and lead working groups.
- A high degree of independence, integrity and confidentiality.
- Excels at adapting to changing business needs with ability to balance multiple competing priorities in an extremely dynamic environment
- Ability to proactively anticipate problems and execute solutions
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) with ability to analyze data, distill key data points and effectively present information
Learn more about this role