Senior developer playing a key-role to develop, enhance, debug, support and maintain applications used by Financial Advisors or supporting functions.
- Candidate participates and effectively contributes to the design, development and implementation of complex applications, often using new technologies.
- Provide technical expertise and systems design for individual initiatives.
- Review existing architecture and suggest/implement ways to fine-tune the application and fine-tune, where applicable, to accommodate the organic growth within the Advisory business.
- Based on the business initiatives may lead projects and direct activities of a team related to the initiative .
- Works under minimal supervision, with general guidance from more seasoned associates
Responsible for developing and delivering complex software requirements to accomplish business goals. Ensures that software is developed to meet functional, non-functional, and compliance requirements. Codes solutions, unit tests, and ensures the solution can be integrated successfully into the overall application/system with clear, robust and well-tested interfaces. Familiar with development and testing practices of the bank. Contributes to story refinement/defining requirements. Participates and guides team in estimating work necessary to realize a story/requirement through the delivery lifecycle. Performs spike/proof of concept as necessary to mitigate risk or implement new ideas. Codes solutions and unit tests to deliver a requirement/story per the defined acceptance criteria and compliance requirements Utilizes multiple architectural components (across data, application, business) in design and development of client requirements. Assists team with resolving technical complexities involved in realizing story work. Contributes to existing test suites (integration, regression, performance); Analyzes test reports, identifies any test issues/errors; Triages the underlying cause. Documents and communicates required information for deployment, maintenance, support, and business functionality. Participates, contributes and can coach team members in the delivery/release (CI-CD) events. e.g. branching timelines, pull requests, issue triage, merge/conflict resolution, release notes. Individual contributor.
- Senior developer with a minimum of 5+ years of hands on experience in developing portfolio management and trading applications.
- 7+ years experience Cobol/DB2 & Stored Procedures
- Must have hands-on experience serving as Feature Lead/Scrum Master in helping build applications that can scale with business.
- Hands-on Programming/Development designing, developing and deploying high-volume, multi-tiered, distributed transactional applications
- Experience in agile processes and transformation.
- Can work independently and as a part of the team
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent required.
- Prior Experience in agile processes and transformation.
- Strong communication skills with ability to work and collaborate across global teams.
- Strong analytical skills with ability to break down complex problems/ideas and come-up with creative solutions, leveraging the latest of the technologies, where possible.
- Must possess the ability to handle multiple projects in-parallel and be able to work independently in addition to contributing as part of a highly collaborative and globally dispersed team.
- Experience using Agile methodologies
- Ability to design and build solutions using common Enterprise Integration Patterns.
- Experience with building end-to-end testing frameworks for distributed systems.
- Participates in the design/development of complex applications while working alongside Portfolio Managers, who are the end-users of the tools we build.
- Experience in test automation and thorough knowledge/experience in all phases of SDLC.
- Ready to step-in and contribute to the technical stack while mentoring and providing the necessary technical guidance to junior members of the team.
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:
Learn more about this role