Bank of America Global Leasing is the largest U.S. equipment financing company, serving over 65,000 clients worldwide. We have $69 billion in total assets, and have a significant global presence, with nearly 1,000 associates. Together with our affiliated companies*, we provide equipment financing solutions to small businesses, middle-market and large corporations, offering product expertise in government financing and wholesale vendor financing, as well as tailored programs specific to industry segments, including aviation, healthcare, energy services and renewable energy.
*Certain products are offered through Banc of America Public Capital Corp, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Bank of America N.A.
Qualified, quantitatively minded associate to join the Leasing Pricing & Portfolio Analysis team to be an analytical support partner for various segments of the Leasing business that are engaged in a broad range of structured asset-finance transactions (including true leases, finance leasing, municipal finance, and asset-secured lending, among other products). Associate will be responsible for working on all aspects of pricing, economic analysis, and structuring support on assigned new business and portfolio management projects, and may also be required to work on occasional strategic analytic assignments and/or development of analytical tools.
- Associate will possess proven analytical and financial modeling skills; demonstrated ability to interact successfully with both internal and external clients; and strong time management skills. Technical expertise in lease taxation, accounting or regulatory capital calculations; and/or knowledge and understanding of a variety of leasing / asset finance products is preferred.
- Associate will be required to evaluate transaction economics, price new transactions for both hold and sell, and model transactions around internal metrics and/or syndication market; create and organize numerous scenarios and sensitivities; use creativity to optimize cash flows / structures; prepare presentation materials for internal and external presentation, prepare associated document schedules and pricing exhibits, and review / develop documentation as needed.
- Associate will act as an analytical consultant and provide an economic perspective and structuring solutions to the Leasing team, external clients, and management (both informally, and within formal transaction review / approval forums); provide support in identifying and working through structural, tax and accounting issues; and be point of contact for Credit, Risk, Finance, Tax, and Operations on economic / tax / structural / accounting questions or issues.
The position/qualification requirements as described are at a senior Band level 4; however, depending upon the qualifications met by the candidate, the role could be filled at Band level 5.
Bachelor's Degree – preferably in accounting, finance, economics, mathematics, theoretical science, or other business concentration.
Preferred Prior Work Experience:
At least 5 years (3 years for Band level 5) of experience with complex Financial Analysis or related endeavors. Lease or Structured Asset Finance related work experience preferred.
- Strong analytical & financial modeling skills.
- A keen eye for detail and a low tolerance for mistakes.
- Good work ethic, with tolerance for late hours and working to urgent turn-around times.
- Ability to work independently, and efficiently manage multiple on-going transactions / projects.
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal); ability to communicate complex or technical concepts to a diverse audience.
- Confidence to question inefficient solutions and pro-actively raise concerns with team.
- Demonstrated business acumen / commercial awareness.
- Ability to operate as part of a team.
- Expertise in use of Excel and/or specialized tools for detailed financial analysis.
- Coding skills helpful but not essential.
- A good understanding of leasing or related asset finance products and associated tax, accounting and commercial issues is preferred.
- Travel <10%.
- Location – Chicago, Providence, San Francisco or New York preferred.
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:
Learn more about this role