Overview (Bank overview, GBS India overview, Function Overview)*
Bank of America is one of the world’s leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small and middle-market businesses and large corporations with a full range of banking, investing, asset management and other financial and risk management products and services.
We are committed to attracting and retaining top talent across the globe to ensure our continued success. Along with taking care of our customers, we want to be the best place for people to work and aim at creating a work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals.
We are a part of the Global Business Services which delivers technology and operations capabilities to all Bank of America lines of business (LOB) and enterprise functions.
Our employees help our customers and clients at every stage of their financial lives, helping them connect to what matters most. This purpose defines and unites us. Every day, we are focused on delivering value, convenience, expertise and innovation for individuals, businesses and institutional investors we serve worldwide.
* BA Continuum is a nonbank subsidiary of Bank of America, part of Global Business Services in the bank.
Global Markets Operations &Middle Office provides operations support to the Global Markets Business of BOAML. Key Business activities include back office and middle office operations related to securities, derivatives, futures, options, currencies (fx) and commodities. Key functions includes Trade Processing & settlement, Inventory Management, Cash Management, Asset Services, Collateral Management, Reconciliation, Client & Product Data
(Provide a high level overview of the role and scope of responsibilities)
Documentation Team handles Equity and FICC Trades (Paper and Electronic) to BOFAML Counterparties. This is a part of the Global Middle Office and Market Operations division with GBS. Documentation team includes sub processes such as Issuing, Chasing, Checking and Indexing team. Issuing issue paper confirmation to client, Chasing team handles affirmation and Chasing counterpart for S&R BAML confirmation, Checking team reviews counterparty confirmation and Indexing indexes CP confirmation into system. All these process have individual KRI’s and KPI’s.
The incumbent in this role will take care of Derivative Documentation in India in Gurugram
• The candidate needs to have a strong understanding of the Trade Life cycle with adequate experience in Derivative Documentation and Settlement process
• Ensures that process is OCC compliant by ensuring team processes and procedures are up to date, accurate and evolving
• Develops and implements new processes, systems and participates in strategic planning. Continually reviews roles and responsibilities with Understanding of regulatory and operational risk associated with core processes that forms part of Settlement operations
• Strong Products knowledge of Derivative Products
• Matching trade bookings available in Source system with details reflecting in confirmation
• Ensure that the quality of the draft confirmation is in compliance with predefined parameters
• Ability to maintain good connect with LOB partners and able to handle Issues and Escalations independently
• To contribute towards consistent delivery on Business metrics along with other new responsibilities and setting higher standards of self and Team performance
• Analytical thinking & logical reasoning for rational decision making
• Ensuring timely delivery of critical reports to various stake holders
• Intense work ethic with history of proven strong delivery
• Excellent Communication skills both written & spoken
• Good understanding of Global Capital Markets especially for Equities & Fixed Income products
• Demonstrated ability to work in a fast pace, high volume environment
• Ensure adherence to established attendance
• Strong Products knowledge of Derivative Products
• Responsible for budget/expense management, reporting and forecasting for operations areas managed.
• Should possess a beginner’s mind set and analytical ability of evolving processes
• Requires thorough knowledge of multiple product areas, in depth product experience & knowledge of financial instruments accounting and transaction lifecycle.
• Ability to build and manage relationships with varied functional stakeholders globally
Post Graduate/ MBA Finance
Certifications If Any
7 to 9 years
- Derivatives Knowledge
- Ability to work autonomously and deliver results in a high pressured environment
- Logical approach to problem solving and ability to priorities multiple tasks
- Proven analytical skills including data reconciliation and interpretation
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy with an ability to notice minor discrepancies / issues
- Ability to identify and deliver process improvements
- Relationship management skills
- Stakeholder management
- Structured and logical thinker
- Strong assertiveness, listening, influencing and diplomacy skills.
• Focuses strategies on delivering superior value to clients
• Translates strategies into plans that can be effectively executed
• Anticipates risks and obstacles and devises plans to manage them
• Pursues aggressive goals and continuously raises performance expectations to achieve excellence
• Appreciates the cost impact of actions and is commercial in decision making
• Promotes continuous learning and development
• Takes personal ownership for delivering superior services to clients
• Makes tough decisions when they are needed and acts quickly in getting things done
• Demonstrates the courage to express or defend unpopular decisions
• Maintains a constructive, positive outlook even when plans are thwarted
Planning and Organization
• Manages own time well, agreeing priorities. Multi-tasks effectively, work well under pressure and meets tight and changing deadlines.
• Organizes and runs effective meetings and workshops
• Communicates clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing, at all levels within the organization
Learn more about this role