About Bank of America
Our purpose as a firm is to make financial lives better, through the power of every connection. Across the world, we partner with leading corporate and institutional investors through our offices in more than 35 countries. In the U.S. alone, we serve almost all of the Fortune 500 companies and approximately 67 million consumer and small-business clients. We provide a full suite of financial products and services, from banking and investments to asset and risk management. We cover a broad range of asset classes, making us a global leader in corporate and investment banking, sales and trading.
Connecting Asia Pacific to the world
Our Asia Pacific team is spread across 19 cities in 12 markets. We are focused on connecting Asia to the world and the world to Asia, using our global expertise to ensure success is shared between us, our clients and our communities. Our regional footprint covers 12 currencies, more than a dozen languages and five time zones, placing us firmly among the region’s leading financial services companies.
- Responsible for driving business origination, development and retention of international subsidiaries of Global Corporate Banking clients with operations in Taiwan.
- Be the leader of his/her client portfolio, provide leadership across product partners in Taiwan to drive business and to set strategies for the portfolio and to service existing clients
- Lead and participate in business development and sales calls for marketing of Bank of America’s capabilities in Taiwan. Drive a product set which includes credit and risk management products, cash management and trade solutions, debt capital raising, leasing, investment and treasury products.
- Assess clients’ needs and work with product specialists to structure appropriate product solutions. Demonstrate to the clients a full understanding of their needs.
- Determine marketing and business development strategies to achieve target profitability and market share goals. Develop and grow the allocated set of client relationships. Monitor client revenues regularly to ensure that set targets/revenue hurdles are met.
- Strengthen the bank's relationship at senior management level with existing/new clients and improve the profile and penetration of target client segment for Bank of America in Taiwan.
- Help establish and strengthen the Bank’s presence and profile in Taiwan as a credible business partner and trusted financial advisor. Demonstrate a value-add to international client base, combining strong market knowledge with a detailed understanding of their challenges and opportunities as an international business.
- Interact with business partners to offer comprehensive banking product offerings to targeted clients. Work with product specialists on credit facilities (working capital, multi-purpose, swinglines), cash management, trade, supply chain solutions, global markets (currencies and rates), leasing, loan syndication and capital markets.
- Prepare client proposals/presentations and work with business partners to develop customized solutions.
- Fully leverage the Bank of America combined platform by cross selling the bank’s broad range of capabilities and network.
- Work imaginatively and proactively to help develop a leading edge corporate banking proposition to international subsidiary clients which brings together the best of Bank of America, leveraging on the relationships at HQ with Global Corporate Banking and aligns it closely to Taiwan.
- Proven track record in successful MNC client relationship management and business development (origination and execution of financial service solutions), resulting in a sizeable business portfolio.
- Familiarity with Corporate Banking client segment with US and EMEA Parent is an added advantage
- Have demonstrated an independent, entrepreneurial mindset and results-oriented approach.
- Able to drive revenues by working across multiple product sets, harnessing the full benefits of the Bank of America product proposition. Proactive, solution-driven approach to clients, presenting compelling product suggestions based on a strong understanding of the client’s individual situation and requirements.
- Used to working under time pressure to deliver results.
- Minimum eight to ten years of relevant experience in credit and marketing in corporate banking with good understanding of a product range that includes credit, trade, cash management, risk management and global market products.
- Ability to think and act in a quickly and responsibly, working with internal product /support partners across different geographies with global and regional Corporate Banking client teams and the respective product and support stakeholders.
- Familiarity with Taiwan market and operating environment is essential.
- Self-driven, mature, confident, independent, good in following through and able to interface well with senior Bank officers as well as key decision makers of the clients.
- Strong negotiation skills, for working with banking partners, alliances and service providers.
- A strong credit background and understanding of risk.
- Excellent analytical, sales, communication, presentation and organizational skills.
- Familiarity with Bank systems, technology and interfaces will be beneficial.
- Flexible working style – ability to multi-task and to lead change.
- Experienced at navigating a large international organization and influencing key internal stakeholders.
Learn more about this role