About Bank of America:
Our purpose as a firm is to make financial lives better, through the power of every connection. Across the world, we partner with leading corporate and institutional investors through our offices in more than 35 countries. In the U.S. alone, we serve almost all of the Fortune 500 companies and approximately 67 million consumer and small-business clients. We provide a full suite of financial products and services, from banking and investments to asset and risk management. We cover a broad range of asset classes, making us a global leader in corporate and investment banking, sales and trading.
Connecting Asia Pacific to the World
Our Asia Pacific team is spread across 19 cities in 12 markets. We are focused on connecting Asia to the world and the world to Asia, using our global expertise to ensure success is shared between us, our clients and our communities. Our regional footprint covers 12 currencies, more than a dozen languages and five time zones, placing us firmly among the region’s leading financial services companies.
A talented Compliance Specialist to join the Anti-Bribery / Anti-Corruption (ABAC) Compliance team. This role is responsible for managing and identifying ABAC Compliance risk and will involve providing subject matter support and advice to the Asia Pacific business. The ABAC Compliance team sets Enterprise policies, implements ABAC strategy and this role will also require contribution and input in the wider ABAC Compliance Enterprise programme work including monitoring, testing, audits and regulatory reviews.
- Support implementation, enhancement and management of the enterprise ABAC Compliance programme with a particular focus on Asia Pacific risk identification and management.
- Assist in evaluating Asia Pacific and enterprise-wide compliance risk and recommend policies, procedures, standards and guidelines to mitigate such risks.
- Assist in providing advice and counsel on ABAC issues, and other key laws and regulations and, where necessary, wider financial crime compliance matters.
- Pre-clear gifts and entertainment to government employees and the provision of advice on gifts and entertainment matter more broadly.
- Assist with the management of Third Party Intermediaries for the Asia Pacific region.
- Providing advice and counsel on pre-clearing political and/or charitable contributions and governmental outside business activities, sponsorships, responding to vendor escalations, tracking and responding to Request for Proposals (RFP), reviewing and managing hiring practices escalation requests, and serving as a critical component in executing the monitoring and testing plan around ABAC key risk activities.
- Assist in providing transactional advice regarding identifying and mitigating bribery and corruption risks, including undertaking transactional due diligence and research into ABAC related matters and risks.
Responsibilities may also include:
- Providing input, support and coordinating projects, including but not limited to management of Audits and Regulatory Exam requests, risk assessments, training and awareness, and other Compliance programme deliverables.
- Assisting with the implement and communicate compliance strategies, concepts, programme and regulations related to ABAC Compliance risks.
- Assisting in undertaking risk assessments and the provision of training.
- Assisting with executing monitoring routines focused on ABAC compliance risks.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in Compliance and or Legal Department with a particular focus on ABAC Compliance
- BA/BS degree, JD/LLB preferred
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- ABAC/Compliance and regulatory knowledge and experience, particularly in relations to Asia Pacific markets and issues;
- Proven ability to communicate professionally and work with all levels of management and across organizations and interact with regulators
- Ability to work independently, drive for results and prioritize competing tasks in a deadline driven environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Analytical and research skills
- Financials Service compliance and regulatory knowledge and experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- A team player with high energy, a “can do attitude” and the ability to challenge others (when necessary).
Learn more about this role