· Responsible for educating and advocating to senior policy makers and relevant external groups Bank of America’s environmental and climate policies and positions (ESG) important to Bank of America’s business model and positioning on these issues
· Build and maintain relationships with key influencers from Congressional, Executive and Regulatory offices, trade associations, think tanks and other relevant organizations
· Identify, analyze and communicate federal environmental, climate and sustainability policy issues and implications to BofA executive leadership, senior management and enterprise stakeholders
· Develop and mobilize consensus positions with internal and external stakeholders, providing leadership to advance Bank of Americas engagement on addressing the domestic and global challenges of climate and other related environmental issues
- Reports to the Federal Public Policy Executive
- Critically assess and formulate positions on US federal, international and state environmental, climate and sustainability issues, legislation and regulations
- Serve as primary environmental resource for key internal stakeholders, including ESG leadership regarding legislative and public policy updates. Responsible for analyzing and reporting on marketplace developments, and corporate sustainability and industry sector developments to reduce the risk of environmental changes and improve corporate ESG performance.
- Represent and advocate for BofA with global and national environmental and climate policy makers and influencers as well as with key trade associations, think tanks and industry coalitions on the issues of environmental, sustainability and ESG of importance to Bank of America and our external partners.
- Works collaboratively and proactively across the enterprise with business units, local market leadership, Legal, Communications, Compliance, Public Policy, and other internal partners.
- Ability to identify, understand, analyze, and interpret legislation and related policy issues of the full spectrum of environmental and climate focus areas
- Demonstrate team collaboration and coordination within Public Policy and BofA and the ability to build relationships with key internal stakeholders.
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with senior executives, senior business leaders and high-level government officials and other key policy influencers.
- Able to think strategically on ways to help address complex problems and advance challenging business objectives.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment both internally and externally
- Strong writing and policy research skills, combined with ability to filter, summarize and communicate complex relevant issues to executives and other internal and external audiences.
Skills and Experience Requirements/Qualifications
- Advanced degree in environmental or social science, public policy, business, or law with an academic focus on environment, climate and corporate sustainability preferred.
- Minimum 7-10 years’ of demonstrable experience interfacing with federal congressional, executive and regulatory agencies or equivalent career experience focused predominately on climate and related ESG issues.
- Critical thinking skills with demonstrated experience processing complex issues and the ability to create strategic action plans.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to comfortably interface with corporate executive and external senior level officials
- Comfortable in a complex corporate environment
- As a team player, work well with internal partners and operate effectively within bank policies, corporate processes, and a results-oriented team environment
- Occasional travel
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:
Learn more about this role