The Mainframe z/OS System Engineer will support Mainframe Services z/OS Program Products Engineering.
- Installing, maintaining, debugging and operating z/OS, z/OS ISV program products or z/OS major subsystems such as IMS, CICS or DB2.
- Programming Assembler, REXX, SAS and ISPF dialog development.
- Developing technical solution requirements, tooling and methodologies to support and lead individual or small team delivery.
- Participates in the design, development, and implementation of complex system engineering activities involving cross-functional technical support, systems programming and data center capabilities
Required Job Skills:
- Strong understanding and possess working knowledge of IBM Mainframe z/OS operating system, control, structure, logic, security.
- Experience with IBM z/OS system and subsystem software and components with experience to support, develop and enhance tools and methodologies for managing large scale global deployment. Must be proficient with problem determination, analysis and resolution.
- Extensive understanding of IBM zEnterprise server hardware and facilities
- Strong knowledge and experience with SMP/E, JES2, JES3, JCL, ISPF dialog management, REXX.
- Experience with wide range of IBM and ISV product and vendor installation support tools
- Experience with IBM Assembler
- Experience with System Automation, Performance Monitoring, Communication Server, CICS, DB2, IMS, WMQ, Batch Scheduling, Change Management, Storage Management, ISPF dialog development HTML
Any Certified training in the following topics should be highlighted by the applicant
- Planning for z/OS
- z/OS Installation
- z/OS Configuration and Customization
- z/OS Maintenance Best Practices
- z Systems Hardware / Architecture
- Parallel Sysplex Clustering
- TSO / ISPF / USS
- Job Control Language (JCL)
- Batch and JES2 / JES3
- Security (SAF)
- z/OS Performance Basics
- Workload Manger (WLM)
- z/OS Operations and Commands
- Transaction Management
- Database Management
- Networking (Communications Server)
- WebSphere Messaging and Queuing
- HTTP Server
- WebSphere Application Server
- Business Continuity / Disaster Recovery
Core Technology Infrastructure Organization:
- Is committed to building a workplace where every employee is welcomed and given the support and resources to perform their jobs successfully.
- Wants to be a great place for people to work and strive to create an environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals.
- Believes diversity makes us stronger so we can reflect, connect and meet the diverse needs of our clients and employees around the world.
- Provides continuous training and development opportunities to help employees achieve their career goals, whatever their background or experience.
- Is committed to advancing our tools, technology, and ways of working to better serve our clients and their evolving business needs.
- Believes in responsible growth and is dedicated to supporting our communities by connecting them to the lending, investing and giving they need to remain vibrant and vital.
LOB Job Profile:
Leads and/or participates in the design, development, and implementation of complex system engineering activities involving cross-functional technical support, systems programming and data center capabilities. Responsible for components of highly complex engineering and/or analytical tasks and activities. Establishes input/output processes and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility, coordination of subsystems design, and integration of total system. Viewed as a technology subject matter expert; able to provide and communicate complex technology solutions across differing audiences including technical, managerial, business executives, and/or vendors. Will have responsibility for multiple, complex projects; will direct activities of teams related to special initiatives or operations and may have direct reports. Leads the resolution process for complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors. Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criterion for obtaining results. Information Technology degree and/or technology certifications preferred or substantial equivalent experience. Typically 7-10 years of IT experience.
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:
Learn more about this role